Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Lightroom 3 gallery

Options
  • 19-05-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all

Quick question for anyone familiar with using the photo flash gallery from lightroom 3.

Is there a 3 way of editing it so that you can add a back to homepage option?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

2 quick things

1) Don't just add a "back to homepage" option.......every page on a site should have a consistent navigation and look, and should have your logo or name

....if you're editing the template for the gallery, add all of the above

2) Flash doesn't work on iPhones or iPads, so I'd choose a better / more useful gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fr. Jessip

thanks for that

but im just referring to the templates themselves,

it doesnt allow my to edit them in dreamweaver to add links etc

Try this

http://www.bermione.be/2008/07/09/modify-lightroom-build-in-templates/

As I said above, a real website shouldn't use these templates, so having never used them I can't guarantee that the above will work.

and what is wrong with these templates?

Fr. Jessip wrote: »
    and what is wrong with these templates?

Stated in my first post.

No proper site navigation : bad
    Use Flash : bad

• Advertisement

what have u got against flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

I think this should work, go into the site info tab and change content of the contact info box to home (or back to main site, what ever you want really) then paste the whole web address of the page you want to link back to (including the http://) into the web or mail link box, that should do it.

I think that should work for any of the lightroom galleries, html or flash.

Fr. Jessip wrote: »
    what have u got against flash?

I offered clear professional advice re Flash's limitations; it cripples you within search engine results, is difficult to update, contains no primary navigation and doesn't work on iPhones or iPads.

All of the above was stated above in my original reply.

Flash is perfect for ads or games or kiosks. It does not lend itself to a proper website.

But the end decision is yours. You can choose to ignore the advice if you wish (which you appear to have done based on asking something that I already answered in my very first post).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

flash IMO is on its way out in web design.

there's really no need for it in a classy website these days.

better for gaming websites, video, advertising etc.

Advertisement