Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited result for repeat Exams

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

I just heard a bit of a rumor from a few friends. Some think this and some dont.

Is it true that if you get a higher GPA through repeat exams, theres still a maximum grade you can get?

E.g a limit of 3.1 on your total GPA?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

If you have to repeat an exam due to having previously failed it you can generally only achieve a pass for that stage of award.

So if you have a 3.1 GPA but had to repeat one module you will recieve a pass award.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you get a compensatory pass, which i 35% and above, then you still get your proper grade, as far as I know.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    If you get a compensatory pass, which i 35% and above, then you still get your proper grade, as far as I know.

That's correct as you compensated a result as opposed to repeating one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

macrubicon wrote: »
    That's correct as you compensated a result as opposed to repeating one.

Ah i think i get it. So if you fail a module and repeat it, your overall grade for semester is limited to a pass; but if you passed said module, you can repeat it and improve your overall score.

OVERTONE69 wrote: »
    Ah i think i get it. So if you fail a module and repeat it, your overall grade for semester is limited to a pass; but if you passed said module, you can repeat it and improve your overall score.

There are some exceptions but that's it in a nutshell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement