Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slogan competition

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I have come across websites that have logo competitions but none for slogans if anybody can point me in the right direction.

Im looking for a slogan for a sports betting related business that is witty, fun and alludes to riches.

examples would be "play the if in life" but I want to convey that profit is a certainty.

€50 if someone suggests the slogan I eventually use.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It's alludes, not eludes :)

I think more info would help. Whats the company name? It would be helpful for any word play. Don't like your suggestion 'play the if in life' , I don't think it works, but I understand thats why you're here.

Last thing.. When it comes to betting can you really say that profit is a certainty?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Score each time you play.
    Play for stakes, make the breaks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A cartoon of Mohammed and Jesus with the slogan "profits you can believe in"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

That's without a doubt the sleaziest post I've ever read in this forum.

You keep your money, I'll keep on using my powers for good, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CheckRaiseIRL

I'll leave the company name out for the moment. Not just bad spelling with eludes. That is not the message to convey!
    A cartoon of Mohammed and Jesus with the slogan "profits you can believe in"?

The last lad that tried that is in hiding.

• Advertisement

Antilles wrote: »
    That's without a doubt the sleaziest post I've ever read in this forum.

You keep your money, I'll keep on using my powers for good, thanks.

Your misunderstanding my aim. Its not a bookies.

Oryx wrote: »
    It's alludes, not eludes :)

Don't like your suggestion 'play the if in life' , I don't think it works, but I understand thats why you're here.

Thats the Boylesports slogan.
    Last thing.. When it comes to betting can you really say that profit is a certainty?

Thats the message to convey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

So betting is never a certainty, but you want a slogan that heavily implies it is... so that ill-educated people will be tricked into giving you their money?

Youre not willing to share the company name, you say its betting, but not betting, some kind of sure thing, which stinks to high heaven.. And you want (almost) free help with your marketing? As they say in Dragon's Den: I'm out. :)

I was asking for direction to a suitable website and making an offer if someone here had a moment of inspiration. I dont understand why people are being negative.

• Advertisement

Your marketing strategy sounds questionable and you havent explained it. Your query might be more suited to Marketing, a sub forum of biz.

Your marketing strategy sounds questionable and you havent explained it. Your query might be more suited to Marketing, a sub forum of biz.

I have not said anything about my marketing strategy. Your making assumptions out of thin air.

You dont see carlsberg marketing their product as "sure give it a go".
    "Its probably the best lager in the world". Your strategy advice goes against every principle of marketing.

The marketing forum has been closed.

I have not said anything about my marketing strategy. Your making assumptions out of thin air.

You dont see carlsberg marketing their product as "sure give it a go".
    "Its probably the best lager in the world". Your strategy advice goes against every principle of marketing.
    The clue to not lying would be in the probably tho.
    The marketing forum has been closed.
    Apologies I dont use it and couldnt see via m.boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Put the bling in gambing
    Less gammy, more blingy

Advertisement