Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure Weekend at RDS

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone else going to this? It sounds like a lot of fun. I personally want to try the free fall wind tunnel.

website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Yeh I'm thinking of heading along, hoping they'll have some good gear stands! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aceandy8

The Adventure Weekend (Rds)http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/mad.gif

STALLS ADVERTISING, ADVERTISING, ADVERTISING!!

Went to this today (May 20th 2011) and i have to say this was a complete waste of time and money!
    I felt the need to give my view and experience as it mite save people wasting a day and €15 entrance fee (which shud have been free, as it covered basically nothing)

Go-Karting - Costs €10 euro once your inside and is situated in the corner, too small and absolutely pathetic looking.
    The wall climbing - €3. Another poor excuse to get money, its a few feet high and takes all of 20 seconds to climb (even for smaller kids)
    Zorbing - €8. Two blokes pushing u around in the ball for a few seconds, such a waste of money as ive been zorbing before (elsewhere) and really enjoyed it.
    Quad Biking - €5. The most pathetic thing ever (seriously hope republic of telly wer here as they wud love to show this) So you on the quad bike for a minute goin back and forth with sum fella holdin onto it, basically your ttrying to balance on a see-saw type contraption, so cringe!!

Look I was was expectin this to be ok but the whole thing was just businesses stalls advertising and trying to sign you up for their individual business.
    Was not just us, but also was speaking to individuals in the food area (where most people spent their time) and they wer just commenting basically the same as what im saying now. I know people are going to this at the weekend and I wud seriously examine other options as my opinion is that u'll be so bored and want to leave pretty much soon after entry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tricialulle

Not worth your while, bad value for money
    Seriously not worth your while, went there today Friday the 20th with a group of young people in their 20s. We where not impressed at all, the organizers must be making a **** load of money, giving very little back to the actual consumer, all my friends where extremely disappointed and let down, by the whole event. Most of the attractions there only last for a minute or two and its not even as advertised, we went there expecting to be able to have a fun day and go on to a few of the attractions, the bike show was a total disaster they did repetive stunts that lasted for about 20 minutes, and where actually uncomfortable to watch to say the least. Its completely over priced, full of advertisement stalls, and people trying to grab u to talk to u and get you interested in whatever they where trying to sell. I was very disappointed, this was not money well spent

For those who think it might be worth it as a few of the attractions are free, well its not, the lines are massive for all the free ones and you will be there all day trying to get a go of it.
    I just felt the need to leave a comment here, so that maybe I can save some people their time and money as you will be disappointed and just anxious to leave. Rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 orlalawton

Hi guys,

I am dissapointed you feel that way. I have to say the feedback from the media, exhibitors and general public has been overwhelmingly positive. What we are trying do is promote all of the fantastic activites that are available in Ireland. It is all about growing the activity tourism industry and creating jobs in an area that has massive potential. This is done through to letting people try some of these activities here in the comfort of the RDS... Feeling the rush of a fan descender, going paintballing, zorbing or checking out the wind tunnel. The Irish companies in the exhibition zone are exhibitors and are showcasing all of the great stuff we have to do in this country. I am not sure what the problem you have with them is?

In terms of your comments regarding costs, I feel it is very important for you to put things in perspective. If you do some research into zorbing, air tunnels, fan descenders etc etc you will see that the costs for our activities are a FRACTION of the costs elsewhere.

There is no way to invest this heavily in infrastructure, insurance, staff, marketing, activity hire etc etc and not try to recover some of the costs.

We are by no means trying to rip anybody off and we are taking all feedback on board. Believe me costs are something we have been trying to keep to a minimum from day one. But the event needs to be of a certain standard and that costs money i am afraid. 99.99% of people LOVE the show and once they see what it is all about and how much fun it is they are very happy, even describing it as excellent value!

Again i am really dissapointed you didnt enjoy yourself. Please send me an email to info@theadventureweekend.ie as of course we are listening to all feedback both positive and negative.

Kind regards.

Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I feel it was very expensive weekend and i dont agree 99% of the people were happy paying 15 euro in fr an advertiseing show. i thought the bike show was very good excellent skill from d lads..anthing that is worth doin in the show is 10 euro .. bit of a rip off in these econimic times.. i feel d advertiseing was fr a good cause helping irish companies.. but i think d show should have been set up more fr that and not all d crappy gimics t get people in.. id say alot of people were pissed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tricialulle

Should be called expensive weekend not adventure weekend
    Its your job to handle bad publicity, or negative reviews, I hope that people will take into account what others had to say about the event, you might say that its more expensive elsewhere, but its quality not quantity that people want, so you might want to think about how to improve the quality of the events, before ramble on about, how great they are, I went to other events similar to the adventure weekend and I have to say, it doesn’t stand a chance in competing with other events quality wise, so its not as if I don’t know that it could have been done better, with higher standards, I m not one of those people that expect a lot, I do realize you get what you pay for, but that wasn’t merely enough in terms of customer satisfaction, something organizers should think about ;) After all the economic climate isn’t improving, but one thing you do expect from entrepreneurs, organizers, to raise the bar a bit, people now days are a lot more careful with how they spend money.

Ps: It's always possible to cut down on cost, as you have no expenses for most of the attractions, apart from leasing and staff wages, what a lot of organizers don't realize is that the lower the cost the more people it will attract, in turn it will raise profit. Really such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Just been to the adventure weekend in the rds and i have to say its beyond a joke!!!! A complete waste of time and money, I have to laugh at the reply the event organiser posted saying 99% of the feed back is positive, i think you'll find the complete opposite is true. My advice would be stay clear:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

thanks for the comments lads ,just saved me a wasted day and a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

yis are muppets. was wondering if anyone else posted abt this, can't believe i found a thread with ppl slating it.

had a brilliant time. cool stunt shows, free skydiving tunnel. that alone worth 15.

had to pay for zip line but it #@$#@$ rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I went yesterday it was poor enough prob be worth a fiver for entry. I dunno about the cool stunt shows?? There was guys in bmx's and skateboards which were not bad in fairness but that was it in relation to stunt shows.
    Was ok for collecting info on adventure weekends, but i guess you can do that on the net for free if you aint too lazy:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement