Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a UPC "Talk to.." or rep on boards? Need help.

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got UPC 50mb Broadband installed there last week.

One biggish problem though. I'm working on a web site hosted in the US and can't reliably ftp / connect to it via UPC. I can connect fine using any Eircom BB connection and even my mobile O2 data connection works without problem.

However, using UPC I'm getting all sorts of timeouts / port number errors. The first few files will go up or down fine, then it stops with a whole bunch of errors.

Contacted their "support" today about this and was told I'd have to call their "PC Support" line at a mere 95cents a minute.

This is totally unacceptable imho. I'm paying 45 euro on top of my tv for this service. Any time I've had an issue similar to this with Eircom / O2 / any other provider I've gotten to talk to someone who either did their best or just sorted whatever issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

... thought there was one...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    ... thought there was one...?

There is none.
    Whats the hosting company you're using?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

roast wrote: »
    There is none.
    Whats the hosting company you're using?

UPC have a verified rep:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=296435

He doesn't go near broadband though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Spear wrote: »
    UPC have a verified rep:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=296435

He doesn't go near broadband though.

Ah cool, fair enough. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

he *may* be able to escalate it though if you've been through the proper support channels and had no luck, but you'll need to have done the usual troubleshooting with the phone support guys first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Hi,

I just got UPC 50mb Broadband installed there last week.

One biggish problem though. I'm working on a web site hosted in the US and can't reliably ftp / connect to it via UPC. I can connect fine using any Eircom BB connection and even my mobile O2 data connection works without problem.

However, using UPC I'm getting all sorts of timeouts / port number errors. The first few files will go up or down fine, then it stops with a whole bunch of errors.

Contacted their "support" today about this and was told I'd have to call their "PC Support" line at a mere 95cents a minute.

This is totally unacceptable imho. I'm paying 45 euro on top of my tv for this service. Any time I've had an issue similar to this with Eircom / O2 / any other provider I've gotten to talk to someone who either did their best or just sorted whatever issue.

Sounds like one of the hops on the UPC route is dodgy, nothing UPC will be able to do about it as more than likely outside of their network, easiest thing to do would be to traceroute to the server on all 3 connections, should help you find the kink in the link

Advertisement