Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land owner refusing permission for Eircom to fix phone line:(

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I'am new here and forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum section..:(

..But I have a serious problem and this is the nearest topic I can find. Any how my problem is recently my phone line was damaged in a goarse fire on the 01/05/2011 to which I reported a fault on the 03/05/2011 Now after more than 14 days It has become apparent that a neighbour land owner is refusing Eircom on to his land to repair the fault on the pole that was damaged. My question is; & to Eircom_tony if youre available;

Can a land owner refuse Eircom permission to their land to fix a fault! even tho they originally allowed Eircom to errect the poles (which I might add have been in place more than 10 years).

Look forward to some info on this:)

Regards,

Jimi101

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jimi101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'am new here and forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum section..:(

..But I have a serious problem and this is the nearest topic I can find. Any how my problem is recently my phone line was damaged in a goarse fire on the 01/05/2011 to which I reported a fault on the 03/05/2011 Now after more than 14 days It has become apparent that a neighbour land owner is refusing Eircom on to his land to repair the fault on the pole that was damaged. My question is; & to Eircom_tony if youre available;

Can a land owner refuse Eircom permission to their land to fix a fault! even tho they originally allowed Eircom to errect the poles (which I might add have been in place more than 10 years).

Look forward to some info on this:)

Regards,

Jimi101

Hi Jimi101
    I am surprised at this, that an owner would refuse permission and that he can refuse permission. I will have to investigate this. Could you PM me your telephone no. and I will chase for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The landowner cannot refuse permission if either they are an eircom customer or else he or previous owners gave explicit permission for it to be placed there in the past and especially if (I think) it's been there for 14 years or so. A legal wayleave would exist then.

If the landowner is entitled to object, then eircom by law have to find some other route to your house unless it costs them over €7000 per customer or something like that to reach you and whoever else is affected. Then the customer(s) can pay the balance if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jimi101

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest and advice on this...and I'm glad to say problem has now been resolved!.."Tony" I special "Thank you" to you for everything you did for us...very much apprecaited:)

Cheers,
    Jimi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jimi101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest and advice on this...and I'm glad to say problem has now been resolved!.."Tony" I special "Thank you" to you for everything you did for us...very much apprecaited:)

Cheers,
    Jimi

Hi jimi101
    happy to hear that and thanks for the mention, have to say that the ground crew really persevered with the neighbour there and eventually came to agreement.
    Let me know if any query in future.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement