Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Members for jangly 90's indie pop...demo recordings included

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

We're two guitarists (24 & 26, based in Dublin) looking for a bassist, drummer and lead vocalist to form a band with plenty of early 90's influences.

We like jangly guitar-driven 90's indie pop (The Stone Roses, The Smiths/Morrissey, Bluetones, Libertines)
    with plenty of classic chorus-ridden shoegaze (Ride, Slowdive, Chapterhouse)
    a little classic and modern rock (Led Zep, Thin Lizzy, Feeder, Amusement Parks on Fire)
    with a sprinkle of 60's folk and psych (The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane)

We've a few demos at www.myspace.com/wearecommunairo

All recorded at home very roughly, but they hopefully give a general idea.

We want to ideally write a load more songs with a full band and choose the best 3/4 for an EP. I work as a sound engineer so recording demos is no problem.

We do think influences are important, so if you're a bassist/drummer/frontman that shares some of our influences, get in touch!

Thanks for reading!

Band Name: None yet, We Are Communairo is just a songwriting name.
    Band Genre: Alternative/Indie/Pop
    Band Location: Dublin
    Influences: As above.
    Positions Available: Drummer, bassist, vocalist.
    Desired Age Range: I suppose 21-30 would be good.
    Available Sound Samples: Some demos we've recorded at home: www.myspace.com/wearecommunairo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drummer11

hey my name is keith,
    just read your ad and listened to your tunes they sound really good.im a drummer and have been drumming for 13+ years and have plenty of studio experience.

keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

Like the stuff you've got on that myspace page nice work, good luck with the search, Show Love is like early Charlatans stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sMILIE

Hey there I'm interested I'm a drummer, 19, playing 6 or 7 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 communairo

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay getting back to PMs!

There's a couple new tracks up on www.myspace.com/wearecommunairo ("By The Time - Band Demo") if anybody wants to check them out, get in touch if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Love your music already! Would really like to hear how it turns out when you get those missing pieces in place. Good luck, free bumpage.

• Advertisement

Still looking!

New song "Summer Girls" at www.myspace.com/wearecommunairo

Acoustic version, we're going to be doing a full band version demo next week, so if any drummer/bassist/vocalist wants to have a listen and fancys coming down for the session to record/jam, give me a shout.

That last song is beautiful. Reminds me of Syd Barrett pink floyd era. Doesn't need drums/bass imo. Great as it is.

I'll have a chat with my other half (drummer) and see if he is interested.

But seriously, you guys are great.

Beautiful music, if you do a gig in Dublin, please pm me and update this thread, I'll be there regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheBeatRebels

Alright!, I can give you a hand on bass if you want.
    Stuck up few my own stuff here...Doing bass, guitar, drums and vocals
    Www.myspace.com/thebeatrebels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RobsYourUncle

PM sent

Thanks a lot Pappa Dolla, kind words! :)

Last bump until we stick up some new tracks next week.

www.myspace.com/wearecommunairo

• Advertisement
Advertisement