Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Advice/ Question

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I was all set to buy the HTC Desire S this week until i started reading the threads in here on the Sensation. It really seems the business however i feel the majority of its capabilities will be lost and go unused with me.

I dont know whether i should hold off for a few weeks and see what the two are like once the sensation is released or just go ahead with the Desire S. It will be my first touch screen phone so i dont know whether i should hold out and get the best one available or just one that suits me now??

The Desire S i believe is not much of an upgrade from the Desire so do you think another upgrade may be on the horizon which would include the dual core proc.?? on the other hand, i really like the map functions and quirkiness with the sensation.
    i like the Desire S and its size, the sensation feels quite large and square imo, however i dont want to get bored in a few months when i realise i cant do something on the Desire S that only the Sensation can do and then regret the purchase. How long do you think it will be before all phones are running on the same hardware as the sensation? do you think id be as well to wait for a dual processor..

Do you think that the release of the sensation will push the cost of the Desire S down?

Any advice? (Just read this and realised that i am putting way too much thought into this):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just wait for the Sensation, you're in a better position to trade 'down' if the size doesn't suit you, or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hartnett_mark

I think you may wait for Sensation but also you can buy Samsung Galaxy S II or Lg Optimus 2x : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Smartphone Republic

The_Devil wrote: »
    I was all set to buy the HTC Desire S this week until i started reading the threads in here on the Sensation. It really seems the business however i feel the majority of its capabilities will be lost and go unused with me.

I dont know whether i should hold off for a few weeks and see what the two are like once the sensation is released or just go ahead with the Desire S. It will be my first touch screen phone so i dont know whether i should hold out and get the best one available or just one that suits me now??

The Desire S i believe is not much of an upgrade from the Desire so do you think another upgrade may be on the horizon which would include the dual core proc.?? on the other hand, i really like the map functions and quirkiness with the sensation.
    i like the Desire S and its size, the sensation feels quite large and square imo, however i dont want to get bored in a few months when i realise i cant do something on the Desire S that only the Sensation can do and then regret the purchase. How long do you think it will be before all phones are running on the same hardware as the sensation? do you think id be as well to wait for a dual processor..

Do you think that the release of the sensation will push the cost of the Desire S down?

Any advice? (Just read this and realised that i am putting way too much thought into this):confused:

Doupt the price will drop, it's like the iPhones, the 3Gs is still the same price it was before the iPhone 4. Desire S is just a remake of the Desire, Sensation looks the business tho! www.smartphonerepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Doupt the price will drop, it's like the iPhones, the 3Gs is still the same price it was before the iPhone 4. Desire S is just a remake of the Desire, Sensation looks the business tho! www.smartphonerepublic.com

iPhone is completely different, you don't have people queuing up on the street for the latest HTC, even though it might only be a few minor tweaks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Smartphone Republic

iPhone is completely different, you don't have people queuing up on the street for the latest HTC, even though it might only be a few minor tweaks..

Too true! Still can't imagine price dropping tho!

• Advertisement
Advertisement