Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage/ Retro home telephones?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

I love these too, really cool looking http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/vintage-60s-rotary-french-provincial-princess-phone Here's one I love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There's a vintage furniture shop on cable street where I bought mine. They are a bit expensive, but it's the only place I found to get them.

Also, you can almost certainly pick some up in a market or car boot sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I presume the shop Tallon is talking about is the odd Chinese shop on Capel Street in Dublin. I'm sure you'd get something along the lines of what you want in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

There is vintage style homeware shop on Cow's Lane in Dublin 2, they have 60s and 70s style rotary phones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Sonia989

Everyone, thank you so much for your help! I'll be in town tomorrow so i'll have a look on capel st and cows lane. Must look out for markets and carboot sales. thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

You could try calling Wild Child and see if they have any, they used to be on George's St. but apparently have moved to Harold's Cross: http://www.wildchildoriginals.com/contact

I would also suggest trying the Dublin Flea market in Dublin 8, I always see old phones at it! The Flea market is the last Sunday of every month, so the next is 29th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sonia989

Thank you, Jocasta (Fan of oedipus? :))

I keep meaning to check out that flea market!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

There is a retro dial phone available in the Conran Shop at Arnotts Dublin. 69euros as advertised in the May/June issue of House and Home (Irish Magazine).

It looks really cute... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I actually got a really cool pink one in Urban Outfitters a while back so you should have a look in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

Anyone know where i can get an old phone converted so that i can use it on our modern telephone system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

http://www.firebox.com/product/3311/Retro-Telephones

Apparently you can use automated systems with these. It's a bit more modern than your pics but might be a good trade off if you need phone banking or ever have to deal with revenu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 retroass

howyas lads an lassies, look I need yer help; I want to buy an old fashioned phone. there called candlestick phones you no the ones you see them in bugsy malone and other gangster films. Now buyin one is not a problem but they need convertin does anybody no anyone who can do this? Thanks appreciae your help

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

Me too. I have an old Erickson think its 1960's, would absolutely love to get it converted over.

Any suggestions please??

Advertisement