Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Creative Writing to Kids/Teenagers

Options
  • 18-05-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I will be starting a HDip this September ( English and C.S.P.E) and I would like to maybe do some creative writing classes or workshops when I finish next summer ( as i'll prob be stoney broke, plus it would be great experience). Does anyone have any info about teaching kids or how to go about having some sort of quailification to do this ( other than a H.Dip in Ed)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clm

You should check out Fighting Words in Dublin http://www.fightingwords.ie/

It is a voluntary organisation that teaches creative writing to kids. You wouldn't get paid for it, but it would be great experience and help build up your cv to help you get paid work! I've heard it's a really fantastic organisation. Have you done much writing yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Thanks clm,

I'll check out that organisation. Also the Big Smoke Writing Factory does some course which I could do.

I've been part of a writing group on and off for the past couple of years and I've had a few bits published (mostly art reviews or short art related articles). I just need to get some experience in a workshop/class setting so I get the feel of how to structure my own ( if it ever happens).

Have you any writing experience or experience in workshops/classes?

Advertisement