Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Cuts out broadband

Options
  • 18-05-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem.
    In our house, we have 2 iPhone 4's and 1 iPhone 3gs and a couple of laptops and games consoles connected to the wifi network. Generally never more that 5 devices at a time.
    Since one of the iPhone 4's updated its iOS (to the version that introduced the personal hotspot), when they try and access the network, it knocks out the wireless modem. The iPhone HAS personal hotspot turned off. It has the same effect as a 2.4ghz video sender that I used to have but got rid of because it was causing the same problems.
    Has anyone else had the same problems/solutions?
    Its not unique to this iPhone 4 either, my girlfriends iPhone 4 was knocking out the broadband a few weeks ago just has stopped doing it now. Other phones, laptops and iPads have joined the network but its only the iPhone that knocks out the signal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Try changing the channel on the router.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My (UPC) broadband has a constant struggle between the Xbox, laptop and iPhone 4.

Usually the laptop loses it's connection first, and frequently the whole lot drops. Never suspected it might be the iPhone doing it though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Dades wrote: »
    My (UPC) broadband has a constant struggle between the Xbox, laptop and iPhone 4.

Usually the laptop loses it's connection first, and frequently the whole lot drops. Never suspected it might be the iPhone doing it though??

Same here on UPC but my router just resets it self if your on it or not all lights go out then come back on 1 by 1 had then out 3 times so far two new routers later still the same problem atv2 iPhone 4 and ps3 connected

Advertisement