Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AE launch event?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Probably not worth a thread but just wondering

I know the DLC is out June 6th(or 7th?), so maybe that might make it hard to organise something physical. Is it worth hosting a tourney for? Maybe for the disc release we could do something (more feasible)? Just thinking about Super launch and MVC3 launch events, is there enough to go on for an AE event?

New character tourney might suck though, since there is only 4 new characters. Just wondering if anything is in the works, would be very fun I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »

I know the DLC is out June 6th(or 7th?), so maybe that might make it hard to organise something physical. Is it worth hosting a tourney for? Maybe for the disc release we could do something (more feasible)? Just thinking about Super launch and MVC3 launch events, is there enough to go on for an AE event?

New character tourney might suck though, since there is only 4 new characters. Just wondering if anything is in the works, would be very fun I think

We're trying to run our biggest tournament ever eleven days later.

That not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

massive online lobby new characters only you lose you get booted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Psh, not enough tournaments for you Ramza?

Deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Why, would you actually show up to that one? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

HAHA, but in all seriousness?

god forbid i might ask a question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

HAHA, but in all seriousness?

god forbid i might ask a question

evo.streetfigther.ie - no Ramza registered :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    evo.streetgither.ie - no Ramza registered :(

you should probably check evo.streetfighter.ie instead

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Personally, I don't think its worth it to have a tournament just for a glorified update of SSFIV. Casuals though, I think that would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sagat06 wrote: »
    massive online lobby new characters only you lose you get booted

That tournament format does not sound different to what all SSFIVAE lobbies and tournaments will be.
    Might get more Onis and Evil Ryus in this I guess.

I forgot about Inferno which in itself would actually be just the same as an AE launch tourney since it is the first one, oops

• Advertisement

I forgot about Inferno which in itself would actually be just the same as an AE launch tourney since it is the first one, oops

... inferno's been postponed in favour of the evo tournament.

it's kinda important Ramza :D

I never knew that, but yeah same thing

Can probably close thread now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Casuals will be a bit s##t with no Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni. Will probably have to get a Dam Disc for it. Uhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dunno if this is a stupid question, but I don't own one of those newer Xboxes like they have in the XGC.

Is if feasible to have 2 USB fightsticks, and 1 USB memorystick with characters connected to the machines in order for us to play AE with all characters?

Just bring xboxes, might be hard but **** it

Dunno if this is a stupid question, but I don't own one of those newer Xboxes like they have in the XGC.

Is if feasible to have 2 USB fightsticks, and 1 USB memorystick with characters connected to the machines in order for us to play AE with all characters?

You could bring all the characters and profiles on a USB key, copy them to the 360 and then plug in your sticks.
    Deleting the profiles afterwards might be an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

aye that's what i did for the hd remix #"tournament"

A memory unit will be safe enough. The profiles and data can stay on the memory unit while the Xbox is used and just load up the profile and data off it. No need to transfer it to the Xbox.

Leprekaun wrote: »
    A memory unit will be safe enough. The profiles and data can stay on the memory unit while the Xbox is used and just load up the profile and data off it. No need to transfer it to the Xbox.

The problem is accessing the USB ports for controllers while a memory key is plugged in. There's three ports on the slim 360s, but one is on the back and almost impossible to get at in the XGC.

Ah, sorry about that. I just checked the specs of the Xbox 360 Slim (no memory unit support!? :confused:) so if XGC have the slim then the memory unit idea is out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm up for casuals on launch day anyway

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Ah, sorry about that. I just checked the specs of the Xbox 360 Slim (no memory unit support!? :confused:) so if XGC have the slim then the memory unit idea is out the window.

Oh right, I didn't realise you were actually talking about a memory unit. Yar, MS discontinued support for those with the Slim.
    Tis very annoying since I use mine so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You can use any usb stick now

bush wrote: »
    You can use any usb stick now

Ar, but of course this being Microsoft, there's a catch.
    You have to format the key so it works exclusively as a memory unit and cant be used to store other data. Quite annoying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If your USB stick is over 2 gigs I'm fairly certain you can partition it so that you have it set to be both. I've never done it though so I'm not 100%.

Orim wrote: »
    If your USB stick is over 2 gigs I'm fairly certain you can partition it so that you have it set to be both. I've never done it though so I'm not 100%.

Ar, sorry, I should have mentioned that. I only have 2gig keys so it's been a moot point for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sairus wrote: »
    The problem is accessing the USB ports for controllers while a memory key is plugged in. There's three ports on the slim 360s, but one is on the back and almost impossible to get at in the XGC.

You can swap the profile with the DLC/Game save over from the USB key to the xbox harddrive for the duration of the casuals, freeing up the ports for sticks.

Then simply move them back to the key when you're leaving.

Pshaw. I don't approve of any of this fancy shmancy technology. Back in my day we were lucky to get 2gigs and we were happy with 2 gigs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement