Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haulage/Courier prices

Options
  • 18-05-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I need to get about 14 tons of building stone transported from Kilkenny to West Waterford. The quote I'm getting is 300 euro!! Anyone know an idea of price for this, I'd need a lorry with a crane to lift the bags of stone off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

That sounds fairly reasonable. Those trucks are fairly expensive so you are talking 60 euros an hour for hire. The price of diesel is why its more expensive now as those trucks are only doing 6-7 MPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

That does not sound too bad to be honest. I do some cover driving here at work when the regular drivers are on hols/sick and it costs up to 250/300 just to fill the tank with diesel on one of our trucks. Take into account that you need a truck with a Hiab/crane (which is a specialty) and its going to take several hours to load, transport and unload again... that's half a day+, a tank of diesel, other overheads like tax, insurance etc and the guy needs to make some sort of profit for himself. 300 is not bad at all I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marktrrr12

Hmm i saw some companies that are transporting heavy equipment (RBI HE), maybe they can also transport other type of heavy "tools"

Advertisement