Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 20/05/11 *Spoilers/Results*

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Christian beat Sheamus by DQ. Mark Henry interfered. Randy Orton took his time, but made the save.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase came out. Cody got major heat for the paper bags when DiBiase said he represented Corpus Christi with a bag over his head.

Ted DiBiase beat Trent Baretta.

Ezekiel Jackson came out and then The Corre followed. Teddy Long interrupted and made a six-man tag match.

Kane, Big Show, and Ezekiel Jackson beat The Corre in a six-man tag.

Brie Bella beat Natalya. Bella won with the X Factor. Kharma didn't show up, which upset the fans.

Daniel Bryan beat Chavo Guerrero. A five minute match. Sin Cara came out and hit a huracanrana on Chavo after the match. It looked like they were setting up Sin Cara vs. Chavo for Over The Limit.

Randy Orton beat Mark Henry by DQ. Sheamus interfered. Christian took his time before coming out and making the save.

Dark Match

Randy Orton fought Christian to an apparent no-contest. The match ended in interference from Sheamus and Mark Henry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i feel so bad for chavo - he's being saddled with sin cara to teach him the "WWE way" he's better than that - so much better than that. i'd love them to have a 3 way fued with danielson maybe over the US strap or even through in seamus too just to mix up the styles. or even barret i suppose seing as how i just remembered that the ic title is on smackdown. :o

good to see seamus and christian sniffing around the title picture less so for mark henry although i think the angry destroyer heel character is much better suited to than the stupid smiling face character.

so are they reforming legacy then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ayatollah wrote: »
    i feel so bad for chavo - he's being saddled with sin cara to teach him the "WWE way" he's better than that - so much better than that. i'd love them to have a 3 way fued with danielson maybe over the US strap or even through in seamus too just to mix up the styles. or even barret i suppose seing as how i just remembered that the ic title is on smackdown. :o

It's better than feuding with Hornswoggle (which he is still doing on NXT).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

good to see seamus and christian sniffing around the title picture less so for mark henry although i think the angry destroyer heel character is much better suited to than the stupid smiling face character.

I could see maybe DiBiase becomes Codys b***h for awhile until he gets fed up and breaks away

It's better than feuding with Hornswoggle (which he is still doing on NXT).

yeah that really is just stupid - they dont seem to even be going anywhere with it - its like chavo is being punished for something - he must surely get the award for employee of the year or something - he gets treated like dog sh1t constantly and just takes it and does whatever is required of him - plus its a shocking waste of talent in my opinion. capable of so, so much more. its like the glass ceiling is alive and well once again - think about it - how many ridiculously talented wrestlers are just floundering around doing nothing of importance or stuck in meaningless fueds or storylines or worse still just ignored completely.

there truely are not enough facepalm images for me to post this time.

i'm off to cry in a corner now

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is first time in a long time Chavo has featured heavily on SD and in a pretty decent storyline and feud and as said above anyone is better than Hornswaggle and I'm sure Bryan and Chavo will put on one hell of a match given a good time length.

Is there anyone on SD for Cody to feud with, I thought we might see him and Ted feud or maybe with Bryan or Kane, he has a great gimmick and is just off an excellent feud with Rey it is a shame to kill his push and put him back in a tag team

I wonder will it be Orton or Christian turning heel at Over The Limit PPV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

yeah that really is just stupid - they dont seem to even be going anywhere with it - its like chavo is being punished for something - he must surely get the award for employee of the year or something - he gets treated like dog sh1t constantly and just takes it and does whatever is required of him - plus its a shocking waste of talent in my opinion. capable of so, so much more. its like the glass ceiling is alive and well once again - think about it - how many ridiculously talented wrestlers are just floundering around doing nothing of importance or stuck in meaningless fueds or storylines or worse still just ignored completely.

there truely are not enough facepalm images for me to post this time.

i'm off to cry in a corner now

Is Chavo being punished the new Bryan buried?

Chavo is getting TV time on the main show and is getting a PPV payoff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Daniel Bryan beat Chavo Guerrero.

HUZZAH! A win for Daniel Bryan!

Still, does seem weird. May sound like nothing will make me happy but surely Chavo needed a win before facing Sin Cara at a PPV to make it look like they were an even match :S Actually, why not make it a triple threat? Bryan vs Sin Cara vs Chavo? That match, with enough time, would be orgasmic...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm sure the Bryan v Chavo match was good. Shame he's been used as a third wheel to set up a Chavo/Sin Cara feud though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bryan finally gets a victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

So the opening and closing matches were essentially the same:( Both Orton and Christian saving each other, way to build for their title match....

• Advertisement

drayme wrote: »
    Is Chavo being punished the new Bryan buried?

Chavo is getting TV time on the main show and is getting a PPV payoff.

how do you mean? i just was saying that he hasn't had any sort of decent storyline in ages instead hes being resorted to fueding with a "lephrechaun" and frequently loosing.
    then when he finally does get a storyline its just to elevate someone else. i never said he or indeed bryan is getting buried i just made the off hand remark that jokingly he might have done something to be punished.

it just seems unfair to me that he's treated as a joke when he's one of the better performers that WWE has.

chill bro dont be so quick to judge

So the opening and closing matches were essentially the same:( Both Orton and Christian saving each other, way to build for their title match....

I like the idea. The way the spoilers are written, it sounds like Orton kind of leaves Christian to the beatdown at first. Kind of heelish. Then Christian gets his revenge later in the show. It's showing tension between the two faces and seems to be furthering the whole "which will turn heel first" thing they've got going (based on written reports, mind. Still not watching the show after the Christian title ****).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Compared to this week's Raw, SD sounds way better even though Christian isnt WHC champ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The show sounds quite meh to be honest and a Mark Henry v RKO main event:eek:

do-not-want.thumbnail.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That only things that I'd be interested in watching is Karma's non-appearance, I'd like to see the fans reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

Just watched this episode and Smackdown continues to be the best wrestling show on TV. Loads of new feuds developing, lots of good wrestling, what more could you want? The only thing I didn't like was the Rhodes and Dibiase segment, that was just...weird. The crowd were confused and didn't know how to respond because of all of a sudden Cody and Ted are buddies again and because not a single word Cody said made any god damn sense!

The key word here is consistency. While there have been great matches on Smackdown for the last month what's important is that the show has remained consistently good. Just think back to before Wrestlemania and remember how sporadic the quality of Smackdown was, you could get two sh*t weeks followed by one great one which is why I only watched it from time to time. Now Smackdown is a show that's worth watching every week.

Um...

orton3.gif

Um...

orton3.gif

what the fcuk???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Um...

orton3.gif

If that's the cost of smiley face Orton, I'll take it. :p Kinda like the idea of him now getting off on needing to hit an RKO rather than just doing it because of his "intermittent explosive disorder".

• Advertisement

seriously did orton fall on his head? hahah - he looked so hyperly excited - never seen him like that before. normally he's trying to be the real cool loner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

The look on the Ref and Christian's face after that was priceless lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Orton so wants to be a heel again. WWE must have asked him to appear more like a baby face and did that to stick two fingers up at the idea. Next week he will be back to his sulking ways.

What was the deal with Di Biase and Rhodes. That was weird.
    Also what was the deal with the 5 minute match? Chavo couldn't win with the frog splash and Bryan could barely last the 5 minutes.

Weird show in general.

Advertisement