Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming From NAS

Options
  • 18-05-2011 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey Guys and girls,
    My head is a little wrecked with all the htpc, streamers, Apple TVs, Boxees & multimedia drives out there and I was hoping for a little help.

As is, I have a DNS-323 with 1TB which I use to store all media which serves 3 PCs, two of these PCs send the media to 2 TVs.

It seems to be hard to find any box that specifically deals with a NAS

My setup all works lovely at the minute but I don’t like the idea of running the PCs just to watch a movie off the NAS especially when I’m thinking of bringing another 2 TVs into the loop.

So at the basic end of things I’m looking for a box to serve up media from the NAS to a TV.

And at the other end, I don’t know. What would ya get for a max €250 per box?

Thanks a million,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

WD TV Live or jailbroken Apple TV should do nicely. Both well within budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A Boxee Box gives added social integration and plays everything

Advertisement