Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL English

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

is it possible to scrape an a2 or b1 out of english considering i got a c in my junior( probably a high c cause i got 67 in the mocks )

what kind of work should i be doing and what especially should i focus on to get this kind of grade

doing my leaving next year btw

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

well i got a B in my j.c and an A1 in the l.c

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

IMO, the Junior has nothing on the Leaving Cert. The course, HL English in particular, has a whole different approach. The general aim of the HL course is that the student learns how to interpret various texts (including novels, films, plays etc.) and express their own personal opinion on the texts. Of course, for most people this takes a bit of practice to learn, so the most important thing from now on is to each and every bit of homework your teacher gives you.

Also very important is to READ! and learn to read for pleasure (bit ironic?:p). It seriously helps you in every way, from giving you fresh ideas for the essay question on Paper 1 which is worth a quarter of the LC exam (I think) and to simply just allowing your thoughts and feelings to flow in a fresher and more natural way onto the paper you're writing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

I got an A in JC English and a C2 in my mocks

My friend got a B in her Junior Cert and something like 99 in her mock? She's very very good...

you never know with English i suppose... keep working and it's possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I only got a C1 in my mocks and my teacher marked the exam very hard (0 for a page and a half answer because it 'missed the point'), so I'd like to think I'm at the standard where I could get an A1. I got an A for the Junior Cert easy enough and I have a thing for English, so here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

its very possible.. my sister only got a C in her Junior Cert and got an A1 in higher level Leaving Cert :) you just have to work on questions, learn your quotes and learn how to approach questions (thats most important) :) buy a english key notes book they are very good :) it will help you loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 umar3061

does anyoneknow how to study for english, and what to study? im a bit confused

Advertisement