Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pseudohypoparathyroidism & AHO

Options
  • 17-05-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi my 14 month old son has been diagnosed with this - just wondering if anyone else here knows anything about it - thanks in advance Dee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dee17 wrote: »
    hi my 14 month old son has been diagnosed with this - just wondering if anyone else here knows anything about it - thanks in advance Dee

HI Dee,
    Yea, i have two childern that have this condition, my oldest is 11 since december. they take one alpha drops and extra calcuim(thats cut back in the last year or so) and they also take eltroxin for under active thyroid. good website is think we are on top of it and all looking good hopefully. i sent my kids to the irish speaking school as i wanted to challange them, doctors said that they would be a small bit slow and i should send them to a special school but i chose to keep pushing them and they are just as smart (or smarter) than kids that dont have this condition. they look normal too. make sure that you are getting your son checked out by crumlin in the endocrine unit as they know what they are talking about and they are a good help. all cases are a bit different so make sure you as questions and suggestions too.
    Hope all this helps,
    gary.
    you can email me if you want other info but im sure you'll get by. <snip>

Advertisement