Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a pro-Royalist agenda on Boards.ie?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

As one after another thread about The British Queens visit is closed and one after another objector to the visit is banned is there a pro-royalist elite on Boards.ie dictating policy?
    I was banned from the AH thread for arguing my case robustly but being very careful not to insult anyone, yet many of the posters are allowed to characterise objectors as neanderthal knuckle dragging morons/scum and bigots. They are also allowed to get away with advocating violence of all sorts towards same protesters.
    I am not trying to be argumentative, I would just like to know does anybody else feel the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Happyman42 wrote: »
    As one after another thread about The British Queens visit is closed and one after another objector to the visit is banned is there a pro-royalist elite on Boards.ie dictating policy?
    I was banned from the AH thread for arguing my case robustly but being very careful not to insult anyone, yet many of the posters are allowed to characterise objectors as neanderthal knuckle dragging morons/scum and bigots. They are also allowed to get away with advocating violence of all sorts towards same protesters.
    I am not trying to be argumentative, I would just like to know does anybody else feel the same.

Any links to back this up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

This isn't a place to air your grievances against bans from other forums.

God save the Queen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

There is a pro status quo agenda certainly, people fear to say anything controversial and those who do are shouted down by weight of thanks and snide remarks. Take me for example, I get tons of PMs from people who agree with what I say but are afraid to post on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I know it isn't a place to air grievances, I am asking is there a conspiracy to deny objectors a forum to object.

I can't get into AH at all to provide links...read through the thread, the bias quite evident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Woops, forgot to lock the thread.

OP you can open a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum if you like to discuss your particular ban.

Or you can start a thread in feedback if you just want to discuss this supposed pro-royalist agenda.

However I have no idea why you think there is an agenda in favour of Our Royal Majesty the Queen of Great Britain and Ireland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement