Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wart well's in cork

Options
  • 17-05-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

i have warts on my hands so im wondering does any1 know anywhere there are wart wells in cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ORACLE2

Hi david,
    You could try St Johns Well near Millstreet,it is very close to the Millstreet Country Park if you ever heard of it.It is approx 12 miles from Macroom and about 4 miles from Millstreet nestled in the foothills of Mushera Mountain,older people in the locality close by will always tell you that it is meant to be very good to rub the water from this well for warts,you can`t do yourself any harm anyway by giving it a try.
    david.... wrote: »
    i have warts on my hands so im wondering does any1 know anywhere there are wart wells in cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kiddo99

ORACLE2 wrote: »
    Hi david,
    You could try St Johns Well near Millstreet,it is very close to the Millstreet Country Park if you ever heard of it.It is approx 12 miles from Macroom and about 4 miles from Millstreet nestled in the foothills of Mushera Mountain,older people in the locality close by will always tell you that it is meant to be very good to rub the water from this well for warts,you can`t do yourself any harm anyway by giving it a try.

Wouldnt bother with St Johns Well. Stuck my flute in there last year but to no avail. I'm still packing a toffee crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭david....

Kiddo99 wrote: »
    Wouldnt bother with St Johns Well. Stuck my flute in there last year but to no avail. I'm still packing a toffee crisp.

would st. johns well be hard to find for a person who is not local?
    and is it known to have good effect on peoples warts?
    and are there any other known wart wells in cork?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Warts are a viral infection and you are likely to get more warts if you go sticking your hands into standing water full of HPV.

There are other saner treatments for warts:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Warts/Pages/Treatment.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭david....

5uspect wrote: »
    Warts are a viral infection and you are likely to get more warts if you go sticking your hands into standing water full of HPV.

There are other saner treatments for warts:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Warts/Pages/Treatment.aspx

iv tried everything for my warts duck tape , wartener you name it iv tried it. if this doesent work il have to get an operation because iv had them since 2006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mossie

david.... wrote: »
    would st. johns well be hard to find for a person who is not local?
    and is it known to have good effect on peoples warts?
    and are there any other known wart wells in cork?

If you're coming into Millstreet from Mallow turn left just as you come into the town - think there's a sign for Rylane and / or Millstreet Country Park. Follow that road for a couple of miles then take a right and St Johns Well is on the left. I've always heard it as a cure for warts and it's the only wart well I've heard of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have a special "Shanks" well in my house, I'll let you put your hands in it for a whole hour for just €79.95. I'll also douse your hands in special yellow WartBeGone every 30 minutes for just €37.95 extra. Every 15 minutes if you bring some cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hi david,

+1. There is another one on the same road if you are heading back for Rylane. Its just below the car park at Mushera.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hi david,

Yes, you can. What if the water is contaminated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Buscuits

An old cure was to take milk from a thistle and squeeze it on to the wart for nine days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I recommend standing outside a psychiatric facility while doing that. Bring a knife and a placard of some kind to be sure the correct action is taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I dont know of any warts well but I remember my sister used to get warts on her hands and my grandad used to pick this wild flower looks something like this search%3Fq%3DEuphorbia%2BPeplus%2BFlowers%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26rlz%3D1T4IRFC_en___IE374%26biw%3D1003%26bih%3D491%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=203&sqi=2&page=1&ndsp=7&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=167&ty=81 It used to grow by the house...You snap it and there is a white fluid as such that you put on your wart...Ill ask her if you are interesed can she rem the proper name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uhh not sure if that worked but it looks something like the Euphorbia Peplus Flower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Why not cryotherapy?

Advertisement