Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casuals Wednesday 17th

Options
  • 17-05-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Just checking to see who'd be up for some tomorrow. Usual place XGC liffey street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not I, not while the Queen is visiting.

FYI guys, Pipe bomb found on the Red Line Luas today.

Fun times....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Yes.
    I've got a stick and all =3

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

F it, Doubt I'll be in with the whole Queen situation. Sure maybe a Thursday casual? anyone be up for that? Forgot all about her been here again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not I, not while the Queen is visiting.

FYI guys, Pipe bomb found on the Red Line Luas today.

Fun times....
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0517/breaking4.html
    The only incident that involved a viable device occurred last night in Maynooth, Co Kildare, when a search of bus [sic] yielded a pipe bomb.

*EDIT*
    This morning there was a further security alert on the Luas red line in Dublin when a suspect device was found onboard near Davitt Road in Inchicore, south Dublin.

The Luas at the centre of the scare was evacuated and all Luas services along the canal were cancelled for a period.

Army bomb disposal experts examined the device, which was found to be a hoax and not viable.

At around 11am another hoax device was found in Fairview Park, north Dublin. A crude device made up of wiring and a mobile phone was left in a plastic bag at the base of statue of the former republican leader Sean Russell.

The worst thing you can do is spread misinformation.

Hound the Queen is around until Friday as far as I know.

Boo@ Kiki catching me out not researching my gossip properly
    This morning there was a further security alert on the Luas red line in Dublin when a suspect device was found onboard near Davitt Road in Inchicore, south Dublin.

The Luas at the centre of the scare was evacuated and all Luas services along the canal were cancelled for a period.

Army bomb disposal experts examined the device, which was found to be a hoax and not viable.

So not an actual pipe bomb then, just a fake. My bad.

Threat of death - No.
    Threat of massive delays - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

AFAIK all the security is staying in place till Obama leaves.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The worst thing you can do is spread misinformation.

Ease up Kiki, I was using an RTE article (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0517/device.html) from much earlier in the day which said there was a bomb on a bus, and a possible bomb on a Luas.

Bus bomb turned out to be real, Luas bomb was not.

Misinformation may be bad, but I think we can all agree that being into Loli is waaaay worse :P

So I wont be going to casuals tomorrow. Sorry for putting up the thread. Im sure a few might still go in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Misinformation may be bad, but I think we can all agree that being into Loli is waaaay worse :P

jpg.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jesus Kiki.

Keep that stuff out of here, ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Ill be in tomorrow for some BB still havent played cs2:(. I may watch the Street Fighter i've heard talk of sandwich matches recently? I am deliciously intrigued;).

Ill be in tomorrow for some BB still havent played cs2:(. I may watch the Street Fighter i've heard talk of sandwich matches recently? I am deliciously intrigued;).
    Im not sure whos going today, I wont be in, town will be hectic, I forgot the Queens visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Is anyone still heading in besides me and batman?

Lads I am not sure you can even get to Liffey st today.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll be in since my exams finish today, have my stick too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Red350 wrote: »
    I'll be in since my exams finish today, have my stick too.

:eek: He has returned!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Anyone coming in. I'm here but no one else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Me and voa are in college atm, we'll be there in around 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Sorry to hijack the thread but thought that one midweek casuals thread is enough. So is there anyone heading in tomorrow? Doom, do you know for sure if Liffey St is closed off? I may just wait until Saturday though as I'm helping someone move their stuff back to Donegal that day so I might be able to come in for some games although I'm not entirely certain, depending on how much there is to move.

I think she's off to bogland tomorrow anyways.

Funnily enough, I believe that vid was shot on Liffey St!

EDIT: XGC is right behind the Gardai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Not off to Corcaigh, whoops... that's tomorrow >_<

Advertisement