Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Rental Trial & Cashback

Options
  • 17-05-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Yeah did that a few days ago, but no €10 tracked yet....

Another tenner can be got through the same thing with screenclick on fatcheese. €20 for nothing, and a few dvds to rent for free! SCORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Strange the way it says:

See how much cashback you can earn at Superquinn Movies:
    €10.00 Cashback when you sign up to the 2 week free trial at ScreenClick.com (you must request at least one DVD)

Is it Screenclick or Superquinn!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Strange the way it says:

See how much cashback you can earn at Superquinn Movies:
    €10.00 Cashback when you sign up to the 2 week free trial at ScreenClick.com (you must request at least one DVD)

Is it Screenclick or Superquinn!?

Its screenclick that runs the operation, Superquinn is just a branding. They do the same for Anpost and others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Worst customer service... EVER.

Signed up and have had nothing but problems from day one, still not able to access my account and they take a week to respond to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

I actually just signed up for this just today. A warning though - it's a 2 week free trial BUT the billing date showing on my account is only 11 days from now.

Now, it might be fine but if you're just doing the free trial for cashback, it might be a good idea to cancel a few days early in case they charge the credit card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Mine got tracked on Sunday after an hour, but how do you rent a dvd of the site, currently all my dvds are sitting in the queue since sunday, Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm only really interested in the cashback tbh, can I just sign up and cancel as soon as they send me out a dvd? Also, can this be repeated on the screenclick offer as someone mentioned above? considering they operate both services

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

As has been said previously, probably should be stickied about all trial offers from Screenclick; get a dated Certificate of Posting from the post office counter when you return your last DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Oracle wrote: »
    As has been said previously, probably should be stickied about all trial offers from Screenclick; get a dated Certificate of Posting from the post office counter when you return your last DVD.

Hi Oracle

Do you know if that costs money?

Thanks
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

No its free, but you must hand in the item at the counter. The reason you need to get it is, Screenclick are notorious for saying they didn't get back your last DVD, or didn't get it back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is on Groupon today for 3.99 for 6 weeks.

http://www.citydeal.ie/deals/dublin-special/Superquinns/394687

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I'm only really interested in the cashback tbh, can I just sign up and cancel as soon as they send me out a dvd? Also, can this be repeated on the screenclick offer as someone mentioned above? considering they operate both services

I did the Screenclick one last month and did exactly what you said there, and I was still able to sign up for this one. The cashback is already through for screenclick and I received an email today saying my first superquinn DVD is on its way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

How did everyone get on with this, any problems cancelling or getting cash back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got €10 from Screenclick, but nothing from SuperQuinn yet. Estimated as July though.

No problems cancelling. I cancelled after I got a DVD from Screenclick (they were quick sending one out), but I managed to cancel Superquinn before they sent anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The terms said "you must request at least one DVD", which I did. It tracked OK. I cancelled as soon as it did as I was concerned about the turn around time.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭thegift06

worst service ever, I signed up for the citydeal €3.99 for 6 weeks of rentals, worst service ever. Have received only 2 dvds in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its managed by Movie Rentals in Blanchardstown.

I got 2 dvds off them on living socials deal and 1 from SQ.Never got the first 5 in my queue on either which was desperate.
    I phoned up once and it seems to be a small operation. Their reason was that they were all out. Never had this from other comapnies.

You need to get at least 1 dvd to qualify for the cashback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Thanks for the feedback will give it a go later

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

thegift06 wrote: »
    worst service ever, I signed up for the citydeal €3.99 for 6 weeks of rentals, worst service ever. Have received only 2 dvds in that time.

I signed up 6 weeks ago , called them 4 times and have received none to date! I give up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Very , very slow turnaround with dvds, not worth the hassle and closing my account as soon as I send back current dvd. Bit of a shambles, Kept getting e-maisl telling me to have at least 10 titles in my "queue" but was only issued with titles that were out well over a year and nothing recent at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 egselent

Absolutely brutal service! signed up for the 6 week citydeal. 6 weeks later and still no title. they have pushed my 6 week trial back but I've had 8 xbox games sitting in my queue forever. got a notice yesterday that they are sending me my first dvd - resident evil afterlife!! the horror, i only had it in there at the end of the queue out of desperation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

http://www.superquinnmovies.ie/
    http://www.movierentals.ie/
    http://www.dvdsbypost.ie/

and

http://www.onlinedvdrentals.ie/

Remarkably similar sites. Especially the copyright notice at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm with Screenclick and while the postal system seems to have slowed down recently i.e. Screenclick say DVD has been dispatched on monday, I tend to get it on the wednesday in Dublin, it used be next day, I have to say they are great.

Your rental Q seems to mean F all. If you want a particular DVD ahead of the others drop them a mail and 9/10 times they send you the one you want next.

Watched the Town last night thought it was v good. Sad to see ol Pete init, he looked terrible which was to be expected, he was dead within 6 mths of filming or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Their service is patethic. I neve got any of the first five on either my SQ or Living Social accounts.

It was so bad i even cancelled my LS deal before it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I hate to say it but I agree that the Superquinn one is utter garbage. We need Netflix in a serious way!

Advertisement