Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could push one person to the main event.....

Options
  • 17-05-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭

Who would it be, how would you push them and why? Can be either WWE or Impact Wrestling.

For me it would be Daniel Bryan. Build him up as the most dangerous man in wrestling. Make all his finishers submissions and have him start beating guys like Sheamus and Wade. Give him the Intercontinental title for 3 months and then push him to the main event. Turn him heel by having him beat Orton in a feud and make him No.1 contender. Have him win the World Heavyweight Championship while also being United States champion. Then continue on by having him go for the tag titles with a partner like Wade and have them take over the WWE. It should take him a year to go from where he is now to World Champion.

I feel as though we need more entertaining main event matches and he'd bring that quality.

That's how I'd do it but its unrealistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

CM Punk.

I know it might seem weird picking Punk as he's already a main eventer but the guy deserves so much more. He's the best thing is wrestling at the moment but yet he seems to lose every feud he's in, rarely main events, and hasn't been a world champion in just under 2 years. He's an incredible worker, and is by far the best talker in the business right now, not to mention his Tweets are class. Take for example his feud with Orton. He lost back to back on PPV. I know they're trying to put Orton over still as the main guy, but it shouldn't always have to be at Punk's expense. I remember Punk along with Gallows and Mercury losing a 3-on-1 handicap match against the Big Show last year. Show should be putting over Punk 1-on-1 ffs! Punk hasn't even won on PPV since Extreme Rules last year. I know heels are supposed to lose but not at the rate that Punk seems to lose. If rumours are true that he's had enough and wants to leave then I really can't blame him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

one person eh and to the top of the WWE or Impacts main event hmmm.... Me!

if you wanna host ATH you will need to work on the wording of your questions, at this point id write a super detailed awesome way to push me too, ahh missed your chance on a good topic too boo erns

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Danielson most definitely Danielson!

I'd have him slowly turn heel though,every time he'd lose a match he'd say that it didn't matter because 'the internet' said he had a great match,he'd sit in the front row with a laptop and rate each match too,although they'd never get as good a rating as his ones,he'd do this for a few weeks,getting more and more narcissistic and becoming more and more dishevelled looking,maybe grow out that long beard he used to have,until one night,maybe at a ppv main event,he snaps and runs into the ring and attacks the current champion with his laptop and then locks in the la belle lock and wont break it.

Then have him feud with whoever the champ was that he attacked.Job done,Bob's your uncle,Fanny's your aunt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

one person eh and to the top of the WWE or Impacts main event hmmm.... Me!

if you wanna host ATH you will need to work on the wording of your questions, at this point id write a super detailed awesome way to push me too, ahh missed your chance on a good topic too boo erns

:pac: :pac:

To the best of my knowledge BH if that's your real name you aren't in the WWE or Impact wrestling so take that! Although I am very intrigued so post away if you want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To the best of my knowledge BH if that's your real name you aren't in the WWE or Impact wrestling so take that! Although I am very intrigued so post away if you want.

im just in a funny mood atm tbh but shur I could be introduced in starviewadams Danielson story as the moderater of Bryan's favourite forum where he was voted wrestler of the year in 2010. Have me sit with him at ringside with him as he rates peoples matches on his laptop. He could also train me to wrestle so i can be his backup when he turns heel. He could make a statement about how anyone could do better in the ring than what he see's most weeks and in training me will prove that. Eventually after his main event stint is over he will return to the midcard and trying to create new stars and thats when my push will begin.

Now fully trained I will first compete alongside Danielson and win the tag titles. Things will be going great for me but Bryan will struglle mentally as the internet rejects him as a heel. he will become more and more bitter as the weeks go on and his online match ratings begin to slip. he will let this get to him and start acting out against his friend and tag partner for not moderating what the self righteous keyboard warriors are saying. Que my face turn as Our feud begins. Eventually i go over in a technical classic and get pushed straight into the main event simples :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Danielson most definitely Danielson!

I'd have him slowly turn heel though....<snip>

I'd have him as a face, not a heel. I think there is definite mileage in having a "normal" guy pushed to the top. He could spin the boyhood dream stories and overcoming the odds etc. In time of course you could do the heel story, but I'd love to see him pushed as "one of us".

Play up that he has built a fan base online. Play up that he is just like an average guy in the crowd. Just an average guy who happens to be an incredible athlete and a submission expert.

Particularly in the PG era, they could easily have a push like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

In terms of somebody who would be most credible and already proven in the spot I'd go with Swagger. But he's behind a long list of heels on Raw so it won't happen anytime soon.

Swagger can and probably will be pushed as a face.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It has to be Daniel Bryan. There's not that many things I love about today's product but I'd jump at the opportunity to see a half-hour Bryan wrestling showcase once a month!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

glenjamin wrote: »
    CM Punk.

I know it might seem weird picking Punk as he's already a main eventer but the guy deserves so much more. He's the best thing is wrestling at the moment but yet he seems to lose every feud he's in, rarely main events, and hasn't been a world champion in just under 2 years. He's an incredible worker, and is by far the best talker in the business right now, not to mention his Tweets are class. Take for example his feud with Orton. He lost back to back on PPV. I know they're trying to put Orton over still as the main guy, but it shouldn't always have to be at Punk's expense. I remember Punk along with Gallows and Mercury losing a 3-on-1 handicap match against the Big Show last year. Show should be putting over Punk 1-on-1 ffs! Punk hasn't even won on PPV since Extreme Rules last year. I know heels are supposed to lose but not at the rate that Punk seems to lose. If rumours are true that he's had enough and wants to leave then I really can't blame him.

Got to agree here 100%. It's definitly Punk. He's the all round perfect wrestler, a mix of charisma and talent that very few have. I like DB but he lacks the abilities on the mic to really make you love him or hate him.

Personally, I wish Punk would be in Orton's position as the loner face with an attitude. He may not drink but Punk is the best man to slide into Stone Cold's bad-ass tweener shoes. The fact he doesn't drink means he'd actually be a tremedous rolemodel for kids, he has the fun side to his personality that would make his a fun guy to like, but has a serious side to him as well in that he can legit kick your head off if he feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Zack Ryder

[/thread]
    :pac:

Punk could be a mega over face with the right push. Even as a commentator he showed he can be likeable and over.

Swagger can and probably will be pushed as a face.

He'd still be stuck behind Mysterio, Cena and probably even Morrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I hope Sheamus gets pushed back to the top, maybe have him feud with Christian for a while and get back to the main event spot. I havn't enjoyed any WWE/WHC championship run since Sheamus was champ.

He'd still be stuck behind Mysterio, Cena and probably even Morrison.

If he turns face, he's likely to be involved in a high profile feud with Cole. That will help him skip to being the number 2 face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

I would say zack ryder. he puts alot of work in and is popular with the internet fan base. definitely has the ability.

also jack swagger. he has the size and the skill. daniel brian too, but i dont see it happenin :(

sheamus to get back up there. and wade barrett and drew mcintyre aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I think I'd go with Barrett. He showed us last year he was ready for the main event bar his finishing move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How about instead of choosing one guy to push I choose that when wwe puts a belt on a guy that they follow it up with the neccesary push.They screwed up Swagger,Sheamus & other title reigns by taking the belt off them and doing **** all with them after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bryans size would be a big problem towards booking him as the most dangerous man in pro-wrestling, he isn't even close to a legit heavyweight for one

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

i def agree with pushing danielson to the top, i would also like ziggler to be pushed i think he has the ability to put on great matches granted his finish zigzag looks crap but himself and danielson put a great series of matches together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

rossie1977 wrote: »
    bryans size would be a big problem towards booking him as the most dangerous man in pro-wrestling, he isn't even close to a legit heavyweight for one

Either was Chris Jericho................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cody Rhodes. One of the few men that seems to put a bit of work into a gimmick these days. Could be pushed as a heel or a loveable babyface, great on the mic, great in the ring, has the look and is young as well. Ideal person to push in my eyes.

Hopefully it happens, but I think even if he manages to survive in WWE he is destined to be a midcarder for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Jericho wasnt a draw

drayme wrote: »
    Jericho wasnt a draw

No not at all..........:confused:

He was one of the biggest draws at the time of him becoming the undisputed champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Mark Henry, odd choice but let me explain. I would have him go out and "Injure" Randy Orton to win the title,get rid of Orton for a couple of weeks and have Henry squash a bunch of nobody jobbers,have Orton comeback and put Henry over and give Henry a clean win and a 7 month run with the title with everyone going against him unsuccessfully,turn him into the monster unbeatable heel Smackdown now needs and build a match against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 allowing the Undertaker to beat him for the title and retire as World Heavy Weight Champion.

Never going to happen but it would be my choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

No not at all..........:confused:

He was one of the biggest draws at the time of him becoming the undisputed champions

Nope, not at that time or the HBK feud in 2009. Jericho was never a strong star at the box office unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

was jericho ever pushed as the most dangerous man in pro wrestling??

jericho during his last e run had bulked up considerably from his ecw/wcw days

Chris_Jericho_458338a.jpg

Daniel_Bryan_Bio_0008.jpg

rossie1977 wrote: »
    was jericho ever pushed as the most dangerous man in pro wrestling??

jericho during his last e run had bulked up considerably from his ecw/wcw days

Chris_Jericho_458338a.jpg

Daniel_Bryan_Bio_0008.jpg

No my point was that you said Bryan is not big enough to be a legit heavyweight, and i was saying either was Jericho at the time he won the WWF/WCW title. Didnt mean anything about being a dangourous man ot didnt mention anything about his recent run in WWE. sorry for the confusion.

As for Drayme.........you wrong my man!!

Jericho's never been a true main eventer in WWE, yeah he's won the world title and main evented but he was always that (relatively large) step behind the likes of Rock, Austin, HHH, Cena and Orton (though I doubt Bryan would ever complain if he has the success Jericho had).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jericho's never been a true main eventer in WWE, yeah he's won the world title and main evented but he was always that (relatively large) step behind the likes of Rock, Austin, HHH, Cena and Orton (though I doubt Bryan would ever complain if he has the success Jericho had).

Exactly, I don't think anyone here would believe that Bryan will reach Rock or Cena level of success. But getting to the same level as say Jericho or Benoit? That's realistic I think.

Advertisement