Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mining Memories

Options
  • 17-05-2011 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys

Writing.ie is running a 'Mining Memories' section where you can submit a memory from your past/childhood to be published on the site and go into the National Folklore Archive in UCD. They will be happy to plug anything else you have written in exchange for using your work.

They also have a 'Monday Miscellany' section that is looking for opinion pieces and general articles. Again, plugs aplenty in exchange for using your work. Details on the site.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've never worked down a mine. Would they still be interested in my childhood reminiscing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yourwriting

I've never worked down a mine. Would they still be interested in my childhood reminiscing?

:D its the memories that are being mined rather than memories about mining. Although if you have ever held a pick axe or seen Snow White and the 7 dwarfs you could write about that and have the best of both worlds

Advertisement