Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little luxury for a pregnant lady

Options
  • 17-05-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for ideas for some little gift to get my friend, who is five months pregnant.

This is her first baby, she only realised she was pregnant herself quite recently, and she's sort of just working things out as she goes along.

I was hoping for maybe a suggestion for some little thing I could give her to make her pregnancy a bit nicer or more comfortable. Maybe something not so obvious, that she's unlikely to have gotten already. I thought those of you who have already gone through / are going through the whole process might have some ideas!

Oh and I'm working on a budget of maybe €20-€30.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

The one thing I remember enjoying the most when I was pregnant was when my sisters bought me a voucher for a local health spa. I had an Indian head massage and a pedicure (including a foot massage). Now, they clubbed together so it was a bit out of your budget, but I'm fairly sure the pedicure was only about 25-30 and it was pure heaven. My feet swelled quite a lot during pregnancy and the relief was amazing. It was also late in my pregnancy when I was no longer able to reach my feet! If you do book something like this though, make sure the practitioner knows your friend is pregnant as certain areas of the body (including some parts of the feet and ankles) can cause contractions, so they need to know what they are doing (or your friend waits until she is overdue to get the massage!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

What about getting her a pregnancy pillow? All my friends who are mammies used them when sleeping got uncomfortable for them, quite early on in some cases. I don't know the cost, unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

A voucher for an online store?
    A voucher for a photo of the bump?

sorry, they arent really luxuries are they...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A nice maternity top as a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. :)
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    A nice maternity top as a treat.

Perfect! Seems like an obvious one, but it's just not something I'd have thought of. :o And I know she's had close relatives pregnant recently, so she's probably just using their stuff instead of buying anything new - I'm sure she'd love something more her style!

I know she would have been a size 8 before she got pregnant, but do I buy size 8 maternity or would a size 10 be a safer bet? She doesn't look like she's put on weight apart from the bump?

And where's the best place to buy? The only places I know that do maternity are Next and Dorothy Perkins ...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Next,Dorothy Perkins,H and M,New Look,Marks and Spencers.
    If she was a size 8 she will still be size 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Top Shop as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭irishmanmick

http://willowtree.info/product/cherish

I got the above figurine for my wife when she was pregnant as a little token reminder and she loves it. A friend of ours had giving us the wedding day one as part of a wedding gift and we had one from our engagement.

We have a lovely little collection going now!

The figurine was only €30, got it in that religious shop in Blanch (think it is called veritas) but most gift shops have these figurines, just can be hard to find the cheerish one.

Just an alternative idea then buying her an outfit. HTH

Advertisement