Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to see O'Bama?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Just wondering to what extent will the plain people of Ireland be ushered out of the way of Obama when he comes over. and where would be the best place to catch a glimpse?

It would be quite a drive up for me but if there's a 5 mile exclusion zone around him I might as well stay in bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Daegerty wrote: »
    Just wondering to what extent will the plain people of Ireland be ushered out of the way of Obama when he comes over. and where would be the best place to catch a glimpse?

It would be quite a drive up for me but if there's a 5 mile exclusion zone around him I might as well stay in bed.

Plan is to do an address to the people type thing i believe, possibly on o'connell street but last i knew the location hadnt been confirmed! Itll be ticketed but tickets are free and open for anyone to apply for afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

timmywex wrote: »
    Plan is to do an address to the people type thing i believe, possibly on o'connell street but last i knew the location hadnt been confirmed! Itll be ticketed but tickets are free and open for anyone to apply for afaik

What about further down south? don't think i'll be travelling as far as dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Daegerty wrote: »
    What about further down south? don't think i'll be travelling as far as dublin

As far as i know and have read he's only here for 24 hours. Dublin & moneygall is all afaik

I don't really see as many restrictions being placed for Obama. As far as I know he's one of few politicians that people generally seem to like seeing around the place.

I've never heard a bad word about him, anyway (though I'm not the most politically knowledgeable, so...).

Would love to get a chance to get a photo or two of him, myself, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 incident commander

Im only in the road from moneygall, they have been checked by the gaurds and secret service lads and had to fill out forms to say whos there on the day and they will get tickets. if you have no ticket you have no entry. Theres a very large amount of amount of gaurds etc there as the build up continues, Local fire brigade will be on stand by as will ambulance.

It should be a good day.

IC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I don't really see as many restrictions being placed for Obama. As far as I know he's one of few politicians that people generally seem to like seeing around the place.

I've never heard a bad word about him, anyway (though I'm not the most politically knowledgeable, so...).

Would love to get a chance to get a photo or two of him, myself, actually.

yea used to know someone who did meet him, salt of the earth lad apparently but I wouldn't mind going as far as moneygall for a few pics like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Word has it the address will be on College Green, where Clinton had 80,000 people in 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

timmywex wrote: »

Not a hope in hell of it being O'Connell street.....

Advertisement