Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Teeth Whitening ! Help

Options
  • 17-05-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Would just like some advise about teeth whitening would love to get mine done but dont know where to start my teeth would be very discoloured and yellow and there seems to be so many different methods and prices vary alot any advise as to which works best and what to avoid etc would really be much appricatied i am based in the dublin area.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Hello I am availing of an offer for 2 1-hour long laser teeth whitening sessions. I was told that I would need to get confirmation from my dentist that everything would be ok before I'd get my teeth done.

My teeth never give me any issues so I am wondering what I should be asking my dentist to check for ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dark_horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    I am wondering what I should be asking my dentist to check for ?

The dentist should check your nails and french polish, wax your legs, bikini line trim, pluck your eyebrows and a facial scrub......dentists know about as much about this a beauticians know about dentistry.;) Dont reccomend letting unlicensed people practice dentistry on you no matter what the bargain.

Merged to similar threads there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dark_horse

catjune wrote: »
    Hi,

Would just like some advise about teeth whitening would love to get mine done but dont know where to start my teeth would be very discoloured and yellow and there seems to be so many different methods and prices vary alot any advise as to which works best and what to avoid etc would really be much appricatied i am based in the dublin area.:D

catjune
    There is NO universal solution to tooth discoloration and/or yellowing. Many different causes; Lots of different solutions.

Treatments range from simple cleaning to custom-made home-whitening kits to in-surgery ("laser") whitening systems.

Go to your local dentist who'll assess you thoroughly and advise you accordingly. Then, you can make and educated, informed decision as to what to go ahead with!

Easy to get caught up researching different causes and treatments and costs etc. You never know, your case could even be as simple as a scale and polish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does anyone rate whitening pens like this?

http://www.dolideals.ie/team.php?id=33

was tempted, but don't want ot buy if it's likely to be a load of junk

sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does anyone rate whitening pens like this?

http://www.dolideals.ie/team.php?id=33

was tempted, but don't want ot buy if it's likely to be a load of junk

Save your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Save your money.

@Malia Creamy Tequila I'm going to spend 400 euro's on a real dentist as I want them done properly how long would you expect them to last if I brush therm twice a day with good tooth paste ??

It will really depend on the bleach used, your teeth, your habits. Ask the dentists. Sometimes a maintenance regime is given...ie trays one night a months or every two months....best ask the dentists doing the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shawn01

This shows that you have not mentioned your teeth properly. Laser teeth whitening is the best method to get your teeth whitened .Search in the internet to find professional dentists who use advanced technology for teeth whitening. Fix the appointment online and consult them as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

Shawn01 wrote: »
    This shows that you have not mentioned your teeth properly. Laser teeth whitening is the best method to get your teeth whitened .Search in the internet to find professional dentists who use advanced technology for teeth whitening. Fix the appointment online and consult them as soon as possible.

Bah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

With quality posts such as this Shawn01; I'll be on the edge of my seat for post number 2.....:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Shauna this isn't the FM 104 phoneshow FYI :rolleyes:

Its called building up your sockpuppet....expect some killer spam soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

well spotted...jasus he was up early today,....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Its called building up your sockpuppet....expect some killer spam soon enough.
    Thanks, I was just about to ask. Quite a few of them about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Any more gems for us Shawn01- the meaning of life maybe?????!!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

2 sockpuppets in one thread. How exciting.

2 sockpuppets in one thread. How exciting.

Goes to show, anyone can buy a bulk of bleach off the net and set themselves up as bleaching technicians. Its simply not safe to do so. In the UK there have been some high profile cases where such unqualified people have been sued for providing such treatment. Bleaching is a dental procedure, anyone carrying out a dental procedure without a licence is assaulting you. Sorry to scupper private enterprise, but this simply is not on.:mad:
    http://www.dental-tribune.com/articles/content/id/7143/scope/news/region/europe
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7014615.stm

Advertisement