Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMPACT! Wrestling Spoilers for May 19th

Options
  • 17-05-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/05/monday-night-taping-results-ongoing.html
    * Immortal minus Hulk Hogan come out to begin the show with an in-ring promo. Mick Foley and Hulk Hogan have meeting in New York so Eric Bischoff is in charge. Brian Kendrick interrupts and all the X Division comes out as well. A huge brawl ensues as Fortune hits the ring.

* TNA X Division Champion Kazarian vs. Abyss is announced for later tonight as well as Amazing Red vs. Samoa Joe and Generation Me vs. Eric Bischoff & Matt Hardy.

* Rosita, Sarita & Madison Rayne vs. TNA Knockout Women's Champion Mickie James, Tara and Miss Tessmacher with Mexican America on commentary.Winners, Mickie, Tara & Miss Tessmacher.

* Kazarian vs. Abyss for the TNA X Division Championship. Winner and new TNA X Division Champion, Abyss.

* Samoa Joe beat Amazing Red in an 8 seconds squash match. After the match, Joe doesn't let up but Crimson hits the ring and makes the save.

* AJ Styles comes out for a promo (wearing a neckbrace) and calls out Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer comes out and beats down Styles. Christopher Daniels makes the save. Bully Ray joins in the melee and helps Dreamer take out Styles and Daniels.

* Kurt Angle comes out for a promo and says he and Jeff Jarrett will have a match and it will be for the number one contendership for the TNA Championship. Jeff Jarrett comes out and it ends up being announced they'll face off at Slammiversary for Angle's 1996 Olympic Gold Medal. Velvet Sky pushes Karen Jarrett down the ramp in a wheelchair.

* Generation Me vs. Eric Bischoff & Matt Hardy. Winners, Matt Hardy & Eric Bischoff.

* Angelina Love & Winter vs. Velvet Sky in a handicap match. Velvet wins then gets taken out by a returning ODB.

* Backstage, Gunner beats up on Eric Young.

* Ric Flair comes out and cuts a promo, calling out Robert Roode. Roode comes out but is taken out by Immortal.

* TNA Champion Sting says his main focus right now is Hulk Hogan. After Sting's promo, his own music hits and Mr. Anderson comes dressed as the 1980s Sting. Anderson, as Sting, takes out Sting and leaves him laying in the ring to end the show.

Xplosion:
    * Desmond Wolfe returns as the commissioner of Xplosion.

* "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero beat Suicide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It doesn't look like the most positive start to the iMPACT! Wrestling era.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wasnt the pope let go?!

wasnt the pope let go?!

It appears my suspicions of it being a swerve may be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

N'ah turns out his tweets were about his college course ending.

Abyss X Division Champ? Angle-JJ STILL going on? On paper this really doesn't look like a great iMPACT! Wrestling, but I'll reserve full judgment until it airs.

N'ah turns out his tweets were about his college course ending.

Abyss X Division Champ? Angle-JJ STILL going on? On paper this really doesn't look like a great iMPACT! Wrestling, but I'll reserve full judgment until it airs.

Abyss should only be short term, but yeah. And Angle/Jarrett was always due to go another month (even though it should've ended at Lockdown). Unless they bring in new guys, they can't possibly be looking to focus on the X-Division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Speaking of the angle and bringing in new people, were the heck did Chyna go?

Speaking of the angle and bringing in new people, were the heck did Chyna go?

It's probably best she's used sparingly. Once or twice a year is fine as a nostalgia act, but if she were there every week the novelty would've worn off by Slammiversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TNA X Division Champion Abyss :eek: did I read right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

224340_10150251356450600_563170599_9225833_4551286_n.jpg

The IMPACT Wrestling Zone. Welcome to WCW Thunder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Garseys wrote: »
    224340_10150251356450600_563170599_9225833_4551286_n.jpg

The IMPACT Wrestling Zone. Welcome to WCW Thunder :pac:

have to say i thought the same when i saw the pic - or like the old smackdown set.

i love how they think its the way they are branded is the main problem when its the people who run it are their own wost emenies. i mean how they constantly fu<k up with the talent at their disposal is beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully they're giving Eric Young a proper push, he's a serious case of wasted talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Another solid impact in my book. I didn't like Abyss becoming x division champ but I can't complain about the standard of the match itself or anything else. I'm liking the X division storyline, and the bit with Anderson as Sting was class. They shouldn't have cut to him backstage every 5 minutes though as it was pretty obvious it wasn't Sting.

The fans talking about how wrestling matters was pretty cheesy, must be said.

A much better iMPACT! Wrestling than it read. Kaz/Abyss in particular was a very good little match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed Impact and i thought the opening segment was great imo. Hopefully its the beginning of something good , once JJ/Angle ends at Slammiversary and the X-Division comes out on top in the end , could TNA bring a few old x-divison stars just for the storyline. And with ODB back hopefully we will see a push in the Knockouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Yea really enjoyed Impact and i thought the opening segment was great imo.

i thought they dragged out the brawling a bit much

Abyss Vs Kazarian is probably the best non PPV match this year

Advertisement