Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Red Zinfandel

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Looking for recommendations for a really good red zinfandel. I've tried Ridge Geyserville which is fantastic but a bit expensive for me. Is there anything similar around that's a bit easier on the pocket?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanZant

The Cline basic Zinfandel is great if you can get it for a reasonable price.
    Cline also do a Big Break Zin, a fair bit better but about twice the price than the basic Zin.
    jnwine.com stock these although you are best going to the shop which is a bit off the beaten track, even from Belfast. If you get 12 bottles I think the Cline works out at £10 sterling.

The Corkscrew in Dublin have a Rancho Zabaco Dancing Bull Zinfandel 2008 reduced from 17 to 10 euro at the moment. Haven't tried it but meaning to.
    You could also try an Italian Primitivo, same grape, but I haven't found anything to approach the Geyserville! Maybe I'm not trying hard enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr. 2

Thanks for that VanZant. I'll definitely try the Cline. I was planning a trip up to jnwine recently when they had the Ridge at £20 but they've since bumped it up to £25.

Dancing Bull is pretty good. Superquinn were selling it for €13 a couple of months ago. That's excellent value at €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Moo1

Beringer Founders Estate Zinfandel is a Cracker also €15 approx.

Advertisement