Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

survival bivi

Options
  • 16-05-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Ok so im going on a weekend survival bivi - just knife bivi bag all basic stuff, no pots and all that!
    Im sorted on survival bivis how to make it light fire and all that!

How ever ive forgotten what things are best to cook - using old tinfoil etc. really use to have some cool idea but been a few years and now i cant recall it!

So im hoping someone here has a few tips etc on what to cook!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

I would stay away from chicken as it is too easy to under cook.

My favourite is a good steak, spuds, veg and any wild crafted food you may find. Put all of that into the tin foil with some seasoning.

I also suggest Ash Cakes for desert. Just bring a mix of flour, baking soda, and sugar with you. Add the water when you are at your camp. Make the cakes into roughly palm sized pieces and place them onto a good bed of coals. Flip them in about five minutes.

Don't forget the butter and honey to top it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

there are always pots available in the "wild". even an old drink can you find while wandering about. after a knife, a good steel mug/put thingy is one of the most useful things to have while playing survivor.

Advertisement