Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall maternity clothes?

Options
  • 16-05-2011 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi gals,

at 13 weeks I am slowly growing out of my jeans and will need maternity ones soon - problem is I'm 5'11" - finding 'normal' tall jeans is bad enough, but tall maternity jeans seems to be impossible (unless you want to spend 100 quid upwards -> not going to happen unless I really cannot avoid it).

Does anyone here have a tip on where to get maternity stuff for the longer-legged mum? (we're talking at LEAST a 36 inch leg here...)

Already checked out Long Tall Sally (too expensive), other online shops (most of the in the US, and just online orders - I need to try jeans on...), and all the high street (New Look, Next, etc).

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

Hi Naineen,

Congrats first of all!

Not pregnant myself but at 5"10 I feel your pain finding trousers long enough! I'm pretty sure Dorothy Perkins have both a maternity and tall section, I could swear I saw a tall maternity rail last time I was in the Jervis Centre branch. Also I find Red Herring jeans in Debenhams have a great length and fit, and they also do maternity so are worth a try. My friend also swore by belly bands, basically a boob tube type thing that goes over the top of your jeans so you can wear them open.

Happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Next also do a tall maternity section (not much of a selection though)
    I'm 6ft so I know what you mean
    I wore ALOT of dresses when I was pregnant particularly maxi type dresses which I found more comfortable then trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I feel your pain, I'm 5ft 10 and have a 35.5 inch inside leg so even the tall jeans from next, dorothy Perkins etc were all too short. I eventually got a pain of mamalicious jeans form a shop in Galway called Bump Boutique, the owner ordered them in in 36 inch leg for me (She's really nice and helpful). They're fine with flats but not with heals so no good for going out but good for day to day.
    However I was still looking for a long pair and I took a major chance by ordering on line without trying them on (have never done that before) from a website called rg maternity. The have a small collection but do 36 and 38 inch legs. I bought the flared jean and I LOVE THEM!! I'm pear shaped size 12 so they are really flattering. I measured my waist/ hips according to their website and ordered the size according to their chart and they fit perfectly. Really comfortable. They are long enough to wear with heals!! I really can't recommend them enough. They were $60 but I think they are on sale at the moment. I've just ordered a second pair even though i've only 6 weeks left. It's my first pregnancy so I reckon I'll use them for the next one anyway. I live in the ones I have.
    http://rgmaternity.com/

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Just had a look at the website there and just to let you know the jeans are way nicer on than they look on the website!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

cheers ladies, glad to know I am not alone! ;-)
    Will check out the RG maternity site - got a bit put off by the fact that they're in the States - but if the jeans are ok, I might give it a shot!

Couldn't find anything in Next, but might try Dorothy Perkins.

Based in Galway, so will have another root around the actual maternity shops ;-)

Appreciate your input! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

why not try wearing leggings, since the weather is fine most of the time leggings can look great with long tops, shirts and shirt dresses etc. They are super comfy too and you dont neccesarily need to get them in a maternity store either, and best of all they are very affordable. Also im not sure about the lenghts but have you tried mothercare?they have some lovely jeans at the moment. I got a pair of jeggings (jean leggings) in mothercare a while back that were only 18euro and now they have some proper demin ones in white and also in dark blue/navy. They are 40euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

Both Next and Mamas & Papas in Dundrum Town Centre.
    Congrats
    :)

Advertisement