Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registering a car in the UK

Options
  • 16-05-2011 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I live in the UK but I want to buy my brother's car in Ireland and bring it over here. The thing is, it is not currently taxed or insured, and doesn't have a valid NCT check. So, does anyone know how I can get it over? Can I register it here in the UK from the beginning, or can I tax and insure it in Ireland, and use it here for the first year?

Any help appreciated, any website I have checked has been useless!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you have to get a UK MoT before you can re-register it. Probably your best bet is to book an appointment in the nearest garage to the ferry or to trailer it in. I beleive you can drive to an MoT without T&T so long as it is booked in,.

Advertisement