Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming of the JSA

• 16-05-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

So,
    Got a call awhile ago that I got the job I interviewed for last week (happy days after nearly a year on the jsa)
    My question is I normally collect my dole on the Friday but im starting work tomorrow so when do I sign off and how!?

Regards
    E

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

You can sign off online IIRC. Not sure about monies owed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Were you on JB before your time on JA? If you have been on a jobseekers payment for a combination of more than 12 months, make sure you get any other entitlements that you have, eg. retention of medical card for three years, and if you have any dependent children, you can continue to get the child increase for 13 weeks after starting work. Also, if you have dependent children, check out FIS if your wages aren't particularly high.

Also, look at Revenue Job Assist for getting extra tax credits. Your employer may also be eligible for tax deductions and prsi exemptions too, which could result in significant savings for him, and he is probably unaware of these, you could earn yourself some brownie points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Thanks Lugh Ildanach I was doing some research earlier when i came across the revenue assist and about the medical card which is good. No i wasnt on the JB before. Should I sign of today since im starting tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

ENMcD wrote: »
    Thanks Lugh Ildanach I was doing some research earlier when i came across the revenue assist and about the medical card which is good. No i wasnt on the JB before. Should I sign of today since im starting tomorrow?

Retention of medical card and Revenue Job Assist won't apply if you've only been getting payment for less than a year. The PRSI exemption for your employer will apply as that applies after 6 months on a Jobseekers payment.

As for signing off, sign off tomorrow. The Jobseekers Allowance week runs Wednesday to Tuesday, so as you're only working one day this week, you'll still be entitled to a payment for the other days up to and including today.

Do you get rent supplement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

No i dont i live at home. I was on BTEA last year (sept 2009-may 2010) so they said that still counts as being unemployed so basically I was on JSA for nearly 2 years? So I will still receive 5/6 days jsa payment?
    thanks for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement