Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contintent: Specific attractions (Disneyland, etc)

Options
  • 15-05-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Testing, testing ...see if this works

Trip to Disneyland Paris
    Furgo wrote: »
    Getting the ferry to france (Cherbourg) friday week. Ferry arrives at 4 Sat. afternoon so we wont get far that evening, drive for an hour or so and then go to a camp site for the night.
    I was thinking to then drive into Paris early ish on the Sunday morning. Does this sound like an ok idea?
    Im thinking the city would be quite on the Sunday, so we can see a few of the sites and then leave.
    Would it be hard to find parking for a reasonable sized converted van, close enough to the city centre, anyone done this ina camper before?

Then the plan was to stay in a site near Disneyland sunday night, any recommendations?
    We hope to visit Disneyland on monday for a few hours and then get the flock out of there and head south. The kids are small (3 is the oldest) so I think they will have had enough of the "magic" after a few hours.
    Any advice on where to get tickets for the resort, should I get them in advance? What is the cost so I can brace myself for the hit? Is it hard to find the parking for campers?
    Many thanks.
    id probably avoid disneyland if the oldest is 3 far to much hassle for a few hours.
    stapeler wrote: »
    I'm tempted to say the same about Disney, kids possibly a bit young and would appreciate it more in a year or two's time. Parking at Disney is grand, there's a motorhome area with showers and toilets, they used to allow overnight parking but check their website for further details.
    Buy the tickets on the day is probably your best bet.

We stayed in a campsite about ten minutes from the resort http://www.caravaning-4vents.fr/ nothing special but adequate.

Parking in Paris...not sure, loads of street parking but do a google for Aire de Sevices Paris and see what turns up.
    SARZY wrote: »
    Going a similar direction in the next few weeks.
    I intend to head for Huttopia Versailles campsite. Can get there without the Paris traffic by approaching paris from the west.
    This campsite is a very near a train station, 20 minutes to central Paris and on to Disney by train if you want.
    I know that might be more expensive for your family.

Had a look at Aires and none in the paris area so Parking in Paris is something I know nothing about.

Best of luck.
    Thanks for the tips all.
    I think I will consider the Versailles option and the site 10 min from Disney.
    My eldest wanted to skip france and got straight to Spain. I am not sure if he knows about the ferry to Santander or if he thinks the van can grow wings fly directly to spain. Anyway, I convinced him to give France a go by playing the Disney card so no backing down now.
    niloc1951 wrote: »
    Overnight parking at EuroDisney see photo attached, select a spot WELL AWAY from the moving walkway (for reasons which will be apparent on arrival) and close to the services block, where you will find showers, toilets and more depending on season. There's also full services FOC.
    Sat Nav N48.8767° E02.7870°
    RustyNut wrote: »
    Hi If you are going to Disney anyway it might be easier to get the train from Disney into Paris. There is one about every 15 mins and no hassle with driving or parking in the city, journey time is about 25 mins. The station is 100m from the entrance to both parks.
    niloc1951 and RustyNut. Thanks for that info.
    I think those are the best options and also what I was origionaly considering.
    Sunday, directly to Disney, park van and get setteled. Then train to paris for a look around. Sunday night in carpark. Monday visit the park.

niloc1951, are you sure you can still overnight here, have you done it recently and how much does it cost?
    niloc1951 wrote: »
    Stayed two nights June last (2010), about another 20 'vans there. Can't remember the exact price, I think it was about €12, you pay at a kiosk as you enter the parking complex (see link to Google Earth). Was not approached for further payments even though we arrived early on day one and left late on day three.
    Current posts on MHF indicate overnighting is still permitted, AFAIK it's fully official.
    beagga wrote: »
    I was also thinking of a trip this summer to disney and
    stumbled across this video, might help.

By way of update and thanks to all for your comments.

You can still park your camper and stay overnight at Disneyland, defiantly a good cheap option for visiting Paris. My van is obviously more stealthy than I thought because they charged me as a car, it was the only thing that was cheap.

By the way, anyone who said to stay away from the place all together was 100% right, what a dump, I defiantly won’t be going back. I should listen to advice better, but leasson learned.
    Granted my kids were too small for it but still, it should be called Stupid America land, they would have had more fun having a look round Paris city centre. We spent half the time trying to find Mickey Mouse, then realised he was in a different park but would be back for the parade at 5, so we hung around to see him for all of 5 seconds. And my eldest wasn’t happy because he didn’t look like he does in the TV.
    Gladly the kids didn’t want to wait in line for any of the rides so we just cruised around in the Sun for the day. I didn’t fancy standing for 50 minutes to sit on a flying elefant.
    To top it all our camera got robbed off a table in one of the restaurants. No idea how it happened, there was one of us at the table the whole time, I suppose given the surroundings we let our guard down a bit. Who pays €60 enter fee then robs other peoples stuff. We considered going to the Lost and Found but obviously there was a huge queue for that too so we just got the flock out of the place.
    sorry dont agree with you, it was magical. brilliant. went back for a second visit. :D

not very elegant ...but better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Just back and had a great time carpark in Disney is great and if you buy an annual ticket from this place http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/504...s-2-parcs.html which gets you an annual pass for about 110 per adult and kids under 7 are free on this, you also get free parking. You cant get better than that really. We had very few queues but that was because we went on a Monday in May not a Saturday in August .... When you have the camper you should not need to spend much, we bought 2 coffees one day at cost of 6.00 and 2 waters the next day (threre are water fonts everywhere for refills) at 5.80 and we brought everything else in with us.

Great idea for a stickie !!!

Just back and had a great time carpark in Disney is great and if you buy an annual ticket from this place http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/504...s-2-parcs.html which gets you an annual pass for about 110 per adult and kids under 7 are free on this, you also get free parking. You cant get better than that really. We had very few queues but that was because we went on a Monday in May not a Saturday in August .... When you have the camper you should not need to spend much, we bought 2 coffees one day at cost of 6.00 and 2 waters the next day (threre are water fonts everywhere for refills) at 5.80 and we brought everything else in with us.
    Anyone want more info pm me

http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/visuPage.php?id=404&ids=115,170,299,443

Sorry I believe the last link for the Disney annual passports didnt work. We went for the one for 109 which included the parking, I am not sure that the lower one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is that site totally legit?

I want to go to disneyland paris for one day. But it looks like the two day ticket might be the best idea. Its only 33euro on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Can recommend staying at Legoland Germany. Stayed there last week for two nights. €24 euro a night for pitch regardless of number of occupants of motorhome or caravan. Free showers and electric. Sanitary block spotless, cleaned several times a day. Reception staff friendly. 15 minute walk to park using dedicated pathway. All pitches are gravel based and long enough to take lengthy motorhome or car and caravan in train.

http://www.legoland-feriendorf.de/

At the top of that page you can click the link for English, and then scroll to the bottom of the page for prices of tickets for the amusement park itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 molly6

Great idea for a stickie !!!

Anyone want more info pm me[/Qu.

Hi we bought tickets from that site and they included one free ticket for child under seven so we were wondering can we give these tickets to someone else as we have four that we wont be using

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jimmerc

Hi Peasant, if you want to venture further I would suggest 'Port Aventura' south of Barcelona. There is a great campsite at Vilamoura. Has everything for a family, pools and entertainment. There is a bus service down to the town and the train station. You can get a train to Port Aventura from there that will leave you at the gate.

The park is a nice size with excellent rides and good weather (something Disney in Paris cannot promise). It is not a massive drive from the channel ports. We did it in two days but you can linger in nice campsites on the way through France. I suggest a campsite in the town of Ebruil just off the autoroute.

Hope this helps and do not limit yourself by fearing long journeys. It is the only way to see different things.

Advertisement