Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Kharn

Options
  • 15-05-2011 7:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, well, well! ... in the noclight this week, 'tis the beard with the man!

Quite appropriate that he pops up on Eurovision weekend too, given that he's such a big fan of that type of music! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Most embarrassing role you've had to play while LARPing?

If someone placed dynamite under one of your Minecraft creations... would you freak out and kill everybody?

Favourite food?

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Favourite comic book character or series?

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

last movie you saw?
    last gig you went to?
    favourite country you've been to?
    You enjoying being part of Team Boards?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

If you had to receive a mark from one of the four Chaos gods which would you choose?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Most embarrassing role you've had to play while LARPing?
    I'm quite new to LARPs in general and as such, have only really played 2. But they're both continuing storyline games, so each time we play, we pick up from the last point we left off. For Midway, I'm part of the crew, so I play whatever character the GM team want me to be. It's very combat heavy and we use Airsoft and "rubber sword" melee combat in that game. It's also a whole lotta fun, so if anyone wanted to try LARPing, I'd say Midway would be a good place to do it.

The other LARP I play is called JumpTech which is a far future sci-fi setting with more of a focus on the political sort of play (although we do have Nerf guns for combat, but it's extremely rare they're even fired in this game). I play an alien soldier called Stont of Vunith who is effectively from a race of Space Nazis. I have to put on white body paint on all my visible skin as the Teth are a Nocturnal race who's home world suffered a cataclysm and had to retreat deep underground in order to survive. We hate everything that isn't Teth and deeply resent these Humans who have acquired Jump Engines to make long distance space travel a reality.

To specifically answer the question though, I've never really had to play an "embarassing" character in a LARP, although the man who writes both games I've mentioned (a very talented and excellent gent named Nick) has been made aware of this question and so will proably have me doing something daft next game :)
    If someone placed dynamite under one of your Minecraft creations... would you freak out and kill everybody?
    Naaa, we have the ability to "roll back" the server to a previous save point and so if it wasn't going to ruin everyone else's day, I could do that. Or I could rebuild... If it was an accident, I'd laugh it off (I've done some silly things with dynamite in Minecraft to my own base as is), but if it was griefing, they'd be perma-banned form the server and from the forum (Boards.ie server plays by Boards.ie rules and is an extension of the forum so "punishments" apply to both).
    Favourite food?
    Cheese and Onion Crisps :p
    If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
    The ability to acquire other people's skills and abilities from watching them do them (but not to steal them from the person, that'd be uncalled for :))
    Favourite comic book character or series?
    Difficult one. It's a tough choice between Frank Miller's Batman (Dark Knight Returns), Neil Gaiman's Dream (Sandman), Warren Ellis' Spider Jerusalem (Transmetropolitan) and Garth Ennis' Proinsias Cassidy (Preacher)

koth wrote: »
    last movie you saw?
    Saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean film yesterday which was a lot of fun. If you've enjoyed the first three, this is more of the same and that's no bad thing. Before that it was Thor a couple of weeks ago which was also a pretty good film. Both were in 3D - I remain unconvinced by 3D and won't be going out of my way to experience further 3D films.
    last gig you went to?
    Last gig I was at was the Roadburn Festival in Holland. An amazing festival that I've gone to almost every year for the last 6 years. Highlights this year included Cough, Weedeater, Year of No Light and Ufomammut. There are streams of a lot of the performances on the website, so I highly recommend giving them a listen. YOB from last year are well worth a listen too!
    favourite country you've been to?
    I'd say France. Have been there for festivals (twice to Le Mans for Fury Fest and then twice to Clisson where Hellfest takes place). I can speak enough broken French that the folk there will happily switch to English to help me out (note: French people will be happy to talk to you if you just try and you remind them you're not actually English :D). The country seems to function well and in a sensible manner and some of it is staggeringly beautiful - the town of Tours in particular stood out. Here's a pic of their Town Hall:
    Loire_Indre_Tours1_tango7174.jpg
    You enjoying being part of Team Boards?
    This is the best job I have ever had and I still sometimes wake up in the morning thinking "wow, I get to to and *work* for Boards today." I don't want to do anything else. During the "Boom" times, I was working minimum wage in the Hotel Industry and so I figured I was due a break :)

We have a great team in Darragh, Conor and Ross as well as our new COO, Commissioner Gordon and we have a lot of laughs at work. It's also really important that I state how much I enjoy sharing this office with the excellent folk from Daft, Adverts, Boards Deals and TheJournal. It's quite a mash-up of skill-sets and personalities, but we all want each other to do well and get on very well with each other. Our patch of the office is in with the Daft tech team (most of whom are Boardsies anyway) and the Adverts guys have their own mini-office just beside us too.

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    If you had to receive a mark from one of the four Chaos gods which would you choose?

Very good question :D My initial answer would be Khorne for obvious reasons I think...
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

However, some of Tzeentch's twisting and scheming would certainly help out with my job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

What is your favourite:

film
    scifi series
    char in a scifi series
    comic char
    batman story arc
    female member of the DC universe
    colour
    fish
    fps/strat/rpg video game
    console
    scifi author
    fantasy author
    Dr Who

Nercons or Trynids
    Larp or tabletop
    Chewy or Crunchy

Do you miss the old skooling lanning scene?
    If you had to choose between never singing again or never playing guitar which would it be?

If you could delete 1 tangible thing from the universe as if it had never been, what would it be?

Oh and are those your feet?

Sharrow wrote: »
    What is your favourite:

film - The original Star Wars trilogy, I know, it's 3 films, but it's 1 story
    scifi series - Difficult choice between Babylon 5, Star Trek DS9 and Stargate.
    char in a scifi series - Jack O'Neill. Great leader, warrior and a heck of a nice guy. On top of all that, he's McGyver :D
    comic char - Answered above
    batman story arc - very tough choice, probably "A Death In The Family"
    female member of the DC universe - Not a major DC fan tbh. Maybe Harley Quinn because she's such a tragic character
    colour - Blue
    fish - sting ray
    fps/strat/rpg video game - Quake World / Red Alert / S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    console - XBox 360
    scifi author - Kevin J Andersson or Iain M Banks
    fantasy author - Terry Prachett
    Dr Who - Big fan of David Tennant, but would have loved to have seen more of Chris Eccleston. I never really got to see old Dr Who as Mayo had no BBC.
    Nercons or Trynids - Well I play Necrons, so definitely them :)
    Larp or tabletop - Difficult, maybe LARP though.
    Chewy or Crunchy - Chewy.
    Do you miss the old skooling lanning scene?
    Very, very much so. It's a big disappointment that Irish gamers just decided that they didn't care about community and fun and were only interested in "prizes." Huge amounts of work were put into Irish LANs back in the day by people like Cloud, Mindphuck, DeVore and Shad0r opening up opportunities for my fellow Galway LAN heads like po0k, Asok, Doodee and I to start. There were also the Darkside's with Biohazrd, Legion, etc. I really thought we were on to something when the World Cyber Games were here and we had huge sponsorship and professional help from the excellent folks in the Digital Hub. But the gamers just wouldn't get up off their arse and come to it. A genuine chance to win a trip to represent your country at the highest level of professional computer gaming and they just didn't bother their holes. It was a pretty bitter blow. Here was the thread about it - it was that moment that I considered Irish LANs dead, but it didn't stop me trying with the lads from LANParty.ie. It was great fun to be helping out with LANParty.ie along with Kinetic, strat and PPC as well as the old Galway LAN and Darkside crews. I'm happy that MidLANs is still running, I have never been able to make it down and I really should. I would dearly love to see computer gaming a bigger feature of college soc conventions like Itza and Warps (and even Gaelcon). Trinity's Leprecon was the first LAN I ever went to in 1998 :)

The people I ran LANs with are still amongst my best friends and I'm very proud of the work we accomplished and more so, the fun we had and helped other people have.
    If you had to choose between never singing again or never playing guitar which would it be?
    That's one of the most difficult questions I've ever been asked. I'll reluctantly (after giving it some serious thought for the last 10 mins) pick giving up guitar as I'm a far better singer than I am guitar player :)
    If you could delete 1 tangible thing from the universe as if it had never been, what would it be?
    This is a fascinating question and I'm really struggling to find a good answer, I shall come back to it if that's ok.
    Oh and are those your feet?
    They used to be, but I recently upgraded, so you can have them if you need them. They're pretty good, they'll work for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

how was your day?

do you have any pets?

whats your favorite colour?

whats your first memory?

tea or coffee?

whats the happiest you have ever been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Do you have brothers and sisters

If you won the lotto where would you live

have you cried watching a movie

if you had to pick a last meal, what would it be

Do you like surprises

have you ever helped a stranger

can you keep a secret

• Advertisement

Porcelain dolls: Pretty or Creepy?*

Also, were you as cut up as I was that we didn't get to speak to each other at the last beers? You passed in a blur, someone pointed you out and then you were gone. Ships in the night.

*This question was kindly donated by an anonymous donor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What three historical figures would you like to play poker with?

Swords or axes?

Werewolves or vampires?

Have you ever played any of White Wolf Games products?

Looking forward to meeting me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

How did you find out about the boards job?

Why did you sign up to boards.ie?

What part of the country did you grow up in? Did you like it there?

Have you ever been in love?

Do you have any siblings?

Who was the first boardsie you ever met?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Obligatory kiss a noc, marry a noc, avoid a noc and fist fight a noc?

Did you play much Counter Strike back in the day? If so what was your username and did you play in any clans?

Do you ever see much of Cloud? if so can you punch him in the back of the head for me, I once lent him a burned copy of Jedi Knight 2 and he never gave it back to me. :mad:

You play necrons? Never understood how people could collect that army, they have such little choice they seem like such a formulaic army to collect, what is it that you enjoy about collecting them?

Favourite edition of 40K? Did you play Necromunda? what was your favourite house?

lil'bug wrote: »
    how was your day?
    Yesterday was pretty good, but like all Monday's, quite busy catching up after the weekend on Boards. I try to keep "work" to Monday-Friday 9-5 because it's just too easy to get "sucked in" with this job and you'll burn out. I love my job and don't want to stop loving it :)
    do you have any pets?
    I don't currently have any pets, but used to own a small dog called Mandy 25 years ago :)
    whats your favorite colour?
    Blue
    whats your first memory?
    My brother coming home from the hospital after being born - I was less than 2 years old. Unusually, it was through hypnosis that I remembered that.
    tea or coffee?
    TEA! Lyons Gold Blend to be specific. This is a pic I took some time ago at my old desk in the office...
    whats the happiest you have ever been?
    That's a harder question than it sounds, but probably 30 seconds after I finished my first ever gig with my first ever band when I was 18.

hondasam wrote: »
    Do you have brothers and sisters

I have 1 brother who's almost 2 years younger than me. He still lives at home in Mayo.
    If you won the lotto where would you live
    France or Holland. I'd keep an apartment here in Dublin though cause I wouldn't honestly want to give up this job.
    have you cried watching a movie
    Several times. Last time I recall would've been Blood Diamond. There was just something about the way that film portrayed the horrific and terrible beauty of war. I almost broke down watching the end of Toy Story 3 too, I defy any adult who had a favourite toy as a kid not to be in a heap at that.
    if you had to pick a last meal, what would it be
    One of those TGI Friday Ultimate burgers with Bacon & Cheddar. Them's good eating :)
    Do you like surprises
    Not always, but mostly yes :)
    have you ever helped a stranger
    Yep, I'm a blood donor amongst other things and am down for platelet donation too should they need me. I would also try to help a lady (or gent) struggling on the street with a kids pram or if they were wheelchair bound.
    can you keep a secret
    A lot of my job pretty much depends on my ability to keep secrets :) So yes.

Porcelain dolls: Pretty or Creepy?
    *This question was kindly donated by an anonymous donor.

They can be both tbh. Look at these ones:
    porcelaindolls.jpg

Thank you anonymous donor for your question.
    Also, were you as cut up as I was that we didn't get to speak to each other at the last beers? You passed in a blur, someone pointed you out and then you were gone. Ships in the night.
    Disappointed and dismayed, but it just means we'll have to catch each other at the next one :) It's great to see that there are as many people at a Noc beers as there are at the first few Boards Beers all those years ago... :)

What three historical figures would you like to play poker with?
    Hmmm, tough one. Winston Churchill cause I'd say he'd be a good opponent and a bit of a laugh around the table.
    Dr Richard Feynman cause he's awesome and again, comes across as someone who's company you could enjoy.
    Dimebag Darrell cause he'd put the other 2 off and he and I could talk metal :D
    Swords or axes?
    2 or 3 years ago, I'd probably have said Axes, but I've come back around to Swords.
    Werewolves or vampires?
    Vampires (sorry)
    Have you ever played any of White Wolf Games products?
    I have played some World of Darkness games at cons. I believe Sarky used the WoD rule system to write a couple of Mass Effect based scenarios the first of which I played in Cork this year at Warpcon and the second which ran at Itzacon which I, unfortunately, couldn't go to this year. I think the first time I played one was a WoD Innocents game where we were all kids in a big old house in the country and had to content with a fairy mound and a changeling.
    Looking forward to meeting me?
    Absolutely, I think it's awesome that a chap like yourself has found us and has joined our community and has decided to spend his hard-earned on a trip to come see us :)

Konata wrote: »
    How did you find out about the boards job?
    It was advertised on the site and I said to myself "I'm having that!" The first interview was quite strange as it was with Paul Kenny (a gent who's been a huge help to this company and a great boss) from Daft and Gerry/Vexorg (one of the founders who's now moved on to other things but still calls in to visit when he's in town) who's an old skool Quaker like me and we've been friends for a long time. It started off with him saying "How do I ask someone I've known more than 10 years to tell me all about themselves? But anyway, tell me all about yourself..." and we had a good laugh and got started. An hour or so later I left and a couple of weeks later was called back for a second interview which lasted nearly 2 hours and also went extremely well (obviously ;)). A week or so after that, I got a call from Gerry to say they wanted to offer the job to me (that ranks as one of those happiest moments I was asked about earlier too btw) but that they had this other candidate that they wanted to take on too and would I mind this change in conditions that there'd now be 2 people in the job. It made sense to me as I knew how much work I was about to get into and how much that would grow as the site got busier. It was then that I got to meet the can of piss known as Darragh Doyle :p
    Why did you sign up to boards.ie?
    I was a part of the Irish Quake playing community and Boards.ie was started out of that community. Our conversations were moving from the old Cloud Boards to this new Boards.ie site (actually, Cloud just imported all the posts from Cloud Boards and the much older WWWBoard before that), so, like most people in the community at the time, I moved with them.
    What part of the country did you grow up in? Did you like it there?
    A villiage called Breaffy, about 3 miles outside Castlebar in Mayo. It wasn't a terrible place to grow up in if I'm honest, but you just can't escape the lack of services, infrastructure or thinking in Mayo. Small minded rednecks make for piss poor humans and so it is with great pleasure that I will be launching a nuclear strike on Mayo when I become Emperor - as much to show the rest of the world that I mean business by obliterating the place I used to call home as anything else :)
    Have you ever been in love?
    Yes, still am :)
    Do you have any siblings?
    As I mentioned above, just one younger brother.
    Who was the first boardsie you ever met?
    I was in college with several, including one of our Admins, Trojan. The first Boardsies I met were either at a Quake Beers and I'm pretty sure Ronin was the first guy who Trojan and I bumped into.

It might also have been at a LAN in Trinity as a part of Leprecon when there was a Quake 1v1 competition (I can't remember which event came first tbh, it was late 90's and I was still in college). I slaughtered this total n00b in my opening round (20 vs -1) and suddenly the Clan Trinity guys were worried as I was going up against either DeVore or Bunny (who was definitely one of the top 5 in the country) in the second round. Me being pretty much a n00b too was freaking out knowing I was going to be playing against one of these guys who I knew were WAY better than me (I'd only been using mouse control for only about 2 weeks at that stage). Needless to say Bunny kicked DeV around the place and we were set to go. We were also sitting beside one another and introduced ourselves (and the CT lads that were with Bunny included Reaper, Regi, Koopa and maybe Kaile, can't quite remember).

2 minutes into the game, on DM6 (Bunny's best map as well as mine) it became abundantly clear that Bunny was going to beat me with his eyes closed and so he was saying "yea, the red armour's there and the rocket launcher's available too if you want to go get them and we'll meet in the middle..." When it was finally over (I don't even think I got one frag on him) we all had a good laugh about how silly it was for them to be worrying about me, but none of them knew who I was and I'd had this big victory against a guy who was only playing cause he'd loaned them his computer for the competition :D A really great bunch of lads and indeed everyone else I met at that event was bang on. DeVore shouted at me at one stage before my first game cause I was trying to copy my config (control/keyboard/mouse settings) from a floppy disk I'd brought and we weren't supposed to be putting things into the computers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Kharn wrote: »
    I have played some World of Darkness games at cons. I believe Sarky used the WoD rule system to write a couple of Mass Effect based scenarios the first of which I played in Cork this year at Warpcon and the second which ran at Itzacon which I, unfortunately, couldn't go to this year. I think the first time I played one was a WoD Innocents game where we were all kids in a big old house in the country and had to content with a fairy mound and a changeling.

:eek: You know Sarky?!

10 people, living, dead or fictional that you would invite to dinner?

1 person, living, dead or fictional that you would like to get incredibly drunk with?

Were you ever at Confess?

• Advertisement

Obligatory kiss a noc, marry a noc, avoid a noc and fist fight a noc?
    My girlfriend may or may not be a Noc (I can neither confirm nor deny - think of her as a Schrodinger's Noc), so she gets the first two ;) Yea, yea, cop out answer, but I'm not landing myself in the dog house :p

Avoid: the gorgeous, but terrible twins of RX Queen and Trowelled when they're dancing cause they always try to make me dance too! I <3 you both ladies, but I don't do dancing.

Fight:
    Doom-vs-Kharn.jpg
    I think Doom and I would have an epic battle - he'd turtle away in a corner waiting for me to make a move so he could Flash Kick me but little does he know, I have a secret counter to it....
    Batleth.jpg
    Did you play much Counter Strike back in the day? If so what was your username and did you play in any clans?
    CS - I didn't play seriously and missed out on a lot of it's hay-day as I thought most CS players at the time were numpties. They caused us quite a bit of stress here on Boards as they were a younger generation with almost no social skills and manners and had been unleashed on the internets with no ideas about netiquette etc. It's kinda how we look at the 13 yo XBox live tards today. I stuck with Quake during those times :)
    Do you ever see much of Cloud? if so can you punch him in the back of the head for me, I once lent him a burned copy of Jedi Knight 2 and he never gave it back to me. :mad:
    I see him every now and again, but he's one of my bosses (in that he's still a director of Boards), so I won't be punching him in the head (we can't risk damaging his knowledges anyway)! I will ask him about the game though :p
    You play necrons? Never understood how people could collect that army, they have such little choice they seem like such a formulaic army to collect, what is it that you enjoy about collecting them?
    There's scope for quite a lot of styles of play with the Necrons. A slow and silent march across the battlefield with a mass of basic troops (supported by Immortals) who keep getting back up when you shoot them is great. Alternatively, you invest in Destroyers and Wraiths and flank your opponents or you can get stuck into some serious hand to hand with Pariahs and Flayed One's.

In terms of looks, I really like their look actually and they're quick and easy to paint in a basic sense and require very little to detail after that. I favour using a black undercoat with a bolt-gun metal base and just use Chainmail silver to highlight (maybe green or red for eyes). Finally, wash in green ink for a different looking sheen on it which looks quite tasty :)
    Favourite edition of 40K? Did you play Necromunda? what was your favourite house?
    First edition of 40K I played was 2nd (it was just released when I got into it) and I used to play Eldar. I still have a soft spot for 2nd Ed as it was my first :)

I did play and loved Necromunda and used to have an Orlock gang, but always fancied a Spyrer gang to see how they'd get on :D

tbh though, I'm gone so off Games Workshop and their unfathomable greed and outlandish prices that I've given up entirely. Last time I went in (2 years ago if not more) to buy a model, I nearly punched the guy in the face for telling me how much a Destroyer was. I was even more angry when I looked just now at the cost of a Necromunda Spyrer (€15 for a single model?!?!?!)

micayla wrote: »
    :eek: You know Sarky?!
    I do indeed, we've been friends for years (met via Boards, didn't know him before). I was drinking with him a couple of weeks ago in Cork :)
    10 people, living, dead or fictional that you would invite to dinner?
    10? That's quite a few...
    Well, I'm gonna start with the 3 folks I wanna play poker with, that's Churchill, Feynman and Dimebag.
    • Add to that Gerald Gardener ("father" of modern wicca)
    • St Patrick (just to hear what he thinks about how this nation and planet's turned out)
    • Billy Connolly cause he's awesome
    • Bill Hicks for the same reason
    • Garret Fitzgerald as he's a highly intellectual man and since leaving politics, I'm told he's not holding back as much as he used to :)
    • Sean Day[9] Plott cause he's a really entertaining guy and I'm sure the idea of a professional computer games player and commentator would baffle and amuse the other guests.
    • And finally, Fionn mac Cumhaill to help keep order and tell tales of old.
    1 person, living, dead or fictional that you would like to get incredibly drunk with?
    Bill Hicks for sure. We'd rant and rave at the world and our inability, not matter how hard we try, to fix it.
    Were you ever at Confess?
    Disappointingly no, I never got to go. Shame it is no more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Why doesn't Rose love Mags?
    Do you like Mars Attacks?
    Would you ever eat a deep fried Mars bar?
    Why do all my questions so far have a capital M in them?
    You're on death row, and can have anything for your final meal: what do you pick?
    What crime are you most likely to commit?
    Ever want kids?
    Capital M?

Why doesn't Rose love Mags?
    Something to do with broken ribs, or maybe it was heart...
    Do you like Mars Attacks?
    Love it :) Actually, gonna go dig it out and watch it in bed :D
    Would you ever eat a deep fried Mars bar?
    It just seems like a perfectly good waste of a Mars bar to me. ZOMFG! I just remembered I have ice cream Mars in the freezer :D:D:D:D Much <3 for you for reminding me miss Boom.
    Why do all my questions so far have a capital M in them?
    mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmaybe you're fixated on something Magnificent or Mega or Mind bending...
    You're on death row, and can have anything for your final meal: what do you pick?
    Immortality Serum...
    <_<
    >_>
    What crime are you most likely to commit?
    Genocide
    Ever want kids?
    Thought about it for a long time, but decided against it as I have horrific genetics - poor eyesight and tendency towards obesity and addiction (I come from a long line of alcholics) and the planet's already over-populated, so I figure I'm doing the world (and any potential kids) a favour in not adding to its (or their) misey :)
    Capital M?
    m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Hi.

How are things?

Whats the weather like where you are?

Can I have a job at Boards.ie?

If yes - What will I be doing?
    If no - Why not?

Game you played most when you were a child?

First car?

Celebrity Crush?

Do you value your testicles??

Longest youve gone without Shaving?

How would you rate your interrogation so far?

Anything you would like to add?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

kan i b a mod?

plz?

ill b vry gud. i kan spel wel and i wil be faire.

I promise not to go mad with power and ban everyone all at once and rename the forum to www.reallyboards.ie.

If I can't be a mod, can I have a forum named after me?

If I can't be a mod, and I can't have a forum named after me, can I have a sandwich?

Why aren't you coming to dinner on Saturday?

Don't you love us?

I thought you cared!

Don't you want to see us one last time before the world ends?

What kind of sandwiches do you like?

Red panda, pudu or hoopoe?

If you had a latin name, what would it be?

Who was your favorite troll ever?

:pac:?

Are the views and opinions you express ever representitive of boards.ie ltd?

How are things?
    Not too bad, I'm still very sore and stiff after paying my first game of the season on Monday evening.
    Whats the weather like where you are?
    I'm in Dublin City Centre, it's a bit overcast, but good.
    Can I have a job at Boards.ie?
    If yes - What will I be doing?
    If no - Why not?
    If you're an experienced software developer, send me your CV, seriously, we need another tech person.
    If you're not a software dev, then we have no need for you and given the company doesn't really make any profit, so we have to be careful :)
    Game you played most when you were a child?
    Probably Hide & Seek
    First car?
    Don't currently drive, used to drive my mother's VW Polo.
    Celebrity Crush?
    Christina Hendricks - curvy and a red-head *NYOM*
    Do you value your testicles??
    Yes, I'm quite attached to them *groan*
    Longest youve gone without Shaving?
    Probably 3 weeks. Despite the long hair and beard, my facial hair grows really slowly, so I can get away with not shaving for 2 or 3 days and still looking mostly presentable for work etc.
    How would you rate your interrogation so far?
    It's been good and some of the questions interesting, but not as invasive or awkward as I feared :)
    Anything you would like to add?
    Not really, but that's because I've only had one cup of tea so far and my brain hasn't spun up to peak operating caffeine. So I think I'll get another.

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

have you watched any of the Queen related coverage?
    Have you any interest in the visit?
    are you a political person?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    kan i b a mod?
    No.
    plz?
    Still no.
    ill b vry gud. i kan spel wel and i wil be faire.
    Still "Still no."
    I promise not to go mad with power and ban everyone all at once and rename the forum to www.reallyboards.ie.
    That's good, Mods can't do that easily anyway (9 Infraction temp site-bans would take a long time to implement for 440k+ accounts) and I'd imagine it's difficult to get the IEDR to give you reallyboards.ie as a domain :)
    If I can't be a mod, can I have a forum named after me?
    That's a more likely possibility, but still no.
    If I can't be a mod, and I can't have a forum named after me, can I have a sandwich?
    Certainly, what kind would you like?
    Why aren't you coming to dinner on Saturday?
    I'm broke and I've been out and about a lot and just really need a weekend's downtime where I can relax on my own.
    Don't you love us?
    I do actually, I really do :)
    I thought you cared!
    Only because I'm paid to...
    Don't you want to see us one last time before the world ends?
    Your world may be ending, but mine isn't.
    What kind of sandwiches do you like?
    Banana!
    Red panda, pudu or hoopoe?
    RARRRRrrrrrrred Pandas :)
    Red_pandas_playing.jpg
    If you had a latin name, what would it be?
    Epicus Beardicus Maximus
    Who was your favorite troll ever?
    I dunno if Favourite is the right word, but Daaa was the original "idiot kid" of the Quake Playing community (I think he was around 14 or 15 when we were all 18-20). We used to troll him back incessantly cause he was some eejit. I remember him once saying on the phone to a gang of us at a LAN to grow up. Queue 5 minutes of uncontrollable laughter from all assembled.
    :pac:?
    Bashfull-Inky-icon.pngShadow-Blinky-icon.pngSpeedy-Pinky-icon.pngPokey-Clyde-icon.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement