Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get a corn snake or a ball python?

Options
  • 15-05-2011 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, Im finishing collage now in two weeks after 4 years at it, and so i want to finaly get a either a corn snake or a ball python if i can get one that ant to dear.
    Iv always liked snakes and have always wanted one, so now ill have the time and money to spend on one i think its the best time to get one.

My only question is where to get them?
    I dont want to get one from a petshop as thier way over priced near me and i just wouldnt trust the quality of the animals. (im talking about the shops iv been to only and not all pet shops).

Dose anyone know of any good breeders or privet sellers near galway, sligo or donegal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Just a quick word of advice dohertydean.

I'd go for a Corn Snake over the Ball Python, as the Ball Pythons are notoriously bad feeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

petmania in limerick do good snakes ive always been happy with thier snakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Royal pythons can be fussy feeders, but if you get a royal that's feeding well you're off to a good start. Royals naturally will go off their food for up to a few months at a time, it's thought they do this because in the wild food will be scarce during part of the year, going off their feed is thought to contribute to their longevity, royal pythons can live up to 47 years.

I have a royal who's never gone off her food for long periods, with the exception of when she was being treated with iodine for scale rot on her belly where she went off her food for six weeks, she's never missed more than one feeding, she's fed once a fortnight, if she refuses a feed, she'll always eat the next time. She's also a strike-feeder.

Though, I'd recommend a cornsnake over a royal, royals are shy and some spend up to 90% the time hiding in their viv. Corns are more active and more likely to sit in the open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

go on to herpireland.com ,

youl get all the info your looking for on there , plenty of people to chat to aswell ,

afew breeders on there also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dohertydean

Iv read that they are fussy eaters and can go of their foor for sometimes months. But it is also suppose to be very nature for them to do this and it ant unhealth at all as long as it ant for much more than 2-3 months, or dosnt start to loss weight.

But as long as the one i get is dosile ill be quite happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

was in petmania today and got bitten by a corn!!!!! lol i was gonna buy him cant belive it

Haha, thats not the best sales pich in world.
    was it just a tag or did it hold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

if it was a corn , id say more than likely a tag ,
    there great snakes, maybe you starteld it ?

Heading to dublin this weekend to pick up a royal and viv.
    Cannt wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Boardwalk pet shop on Wellington Quay really know their stuff. Give them a ring or drop in to them.

• Advertisement

lalee17 wrote: »
    Boardwalk pet shop on Wellington Quay really know their stuff. Give them a ring or drop in to them.
    I would but im only going as far as maynooth.

I would but im only going as far as maynooth.

Trust me its worth going the extra mileage to get an animal that's been taken care of properly, and is in prime condition. To be honest, I've been in the pet shop in Maynooth and the reptiles there aren't in the best of health.

lalee17 wrote: »
    Trust me its worth going the extra mileage to get an animal that's been taken care of properly, and is in prime condition. To be honest, I've been in the pet shop in Maynooth and the reptiles there aren't in the best of health.

I ant going to a pet shop, im buying of a privet seller from reptile community

I ant going to a pet shop, im buying of a privet seller from reptile community

Even better. :D Good luck with your future pet then!

Thanks, I jsut all gose to plan now and i can get to dublin.

Advertisement