Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mma league

Options
  • 15-05-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

How long would you need to be training mma to
    enter the amateur mma league (with no previous experience)?

I realise it will vary with athletic ability but just a rough
    estimate on average.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

kdowling wrote: »

estimate on average.

It's all about experience so genuinely after a couple of months I'd give it a go, enter the rookie division and just treat it as a learning experience

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

kdowling wrote: »

estimate on average.

I'd talk to your coach, most coaches in Irish MMA have been tot he League in some capacity, they should be able to guide you if you are ready.

The best thing about the League, as Paul alluded to, is that even if you aren't training very long, the League is still a lot of fun to fight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Most of our lads have roughly about 6 - 9 months experience when they start.

Just depends how often they train and how they are getting on with other lads that go down

First time they go I tell them to just have some fun and if they get a win well excellent. If not go back to drawing boards and use the experience to see what needs improved.

Advertisement