Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Builder Software. Advice/info

Options
  • 15-05-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have 8 websites and I use the GoDaddy "website tonight" web builder to manage/host them all. I find it handy to just log in and make changes, but the cost of these websites all add up separately, because they are all on separate packages. I am now looking at web design software, as HTML is not my forte.

I am looking at "webplus x4", by serif. It looks reasnable and I can get it new on ebay for €60. Reviews seem good too, with the exception of a low number of templates. Does anyone here know about this software? I want to know if I can use it to rebuild all of my sites and then host them all with one reasonable price for hosting.

One other question. Does it make much of a difference (traffic wise) if I use an Irish hosting provider?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If you're doing multiple sites for other people, I would recommend learning and using HTML.

All you need for that is Notepad, online tutorials, time and talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If you're doing multiple sites for other people, I would recommend learning and using HTML.

All you need for that is Notepad, online tutorials, time and talent.

Learning HTML is something I don't really have the time to do and it's something I have no idea about. When I looked at the tutorials, they just confused me. That's why I am looking at web builder programs, that don't require knowledge of html. Some of my clients like to log in and make changes themselves on the current website tonight builder, which would seem to be an option with this webplus x4 builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

HTML is pretty easy to pick up once you know the basic tags. To be honest, in one evening you would learn enough to get a website up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

wobbles wrote: »
    HTML is pretty easy to pick up once you know the basic tags. To be honest, in one evening you would learn enough to get a website up and running.

I think it would take far to long to get to the level I would need to be at for the current websites I have. If you click my homepage, you will see one of the more basic websites i have.

I just want to know if anyone has experience with webplus x4.

Advertisement