Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North West 200

Options
  • 15-05-2011 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

If you want to see some seriously fast and exciting sport then watch for Freesat (and Freeview if you can get it) red button coverage, live, of the North West 200 motorcycle road racing next Saturday, 21st May.
    Then highlights on Sunday 22nd and Monday 23rd nights on BBC 1 Northern Ireland.
    Ireland's biggest single sporting event!!
    If you like bikes, don't miss it!!
    I will be there, at the side of the road to see it live (as always)coolthumb.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

easton out with a broken leg just as he was back on form aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

excollier wrote: »
    If you want to see some seriously fast and exciting sport then watch for Freesat (and Freeview if you can get it) red button coverage, live, of the North West 200 motorcycle road racing next Saturday, 21st May.
    Then highlights on Sunday 22nd and Monday 23rd nights on BBC 1 Northern Ireland.
    Ireland's biggest single sporting event!!
    If you like bikes, don't miss it!!
    I will be there, at the side of the road to see it live (as always)coolthumb.gif
    Good porgram on the history of the NorthWest on BBC the other night. Appearently it started on a beach near Portrush as the roads were too poor to run races back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Yes a very good programme. :D
    Was up there today on the fast bit between Station and Black's Bridge, very fast. Impressive as usual. Weather dry and good today.
    Rutter got pole, waited until late to put in a couple of fast laps.
    Weather looks as though it 's not going to co-operate on Saturday though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Would love to head up there for the 1st time tomorrow but unfortunately, have to go to the afters of a wedding so I'll be on the red button all day tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

I went up last year,brought my wife and then 4 year old ,we stayed 4 nights in b and bs,
    all was going great until the racing started that morning,those guys with areas kind of fenced off inside the fence or wall,using different methods,
    just purly to stop someone from squeezing in to catch a glimpse,
    they were every where,
    making it imposible for a family of 3 to see anything,
    i dont get angry often but i was raging that morning,
    i know they were there first ,but..............not happy ,
    i think if i was to go there again,I would have to leave the family at home maybe,as we resorted to other sight seeing /family stuff after that,
    and i was asking guys ,can we squeeze in beside you? ,can ye push over?
    laods of guys seen us trying to watch ,but it was hopeless.seen nothin,
    walked away listening to bikes going by,
    we were after metropole,where its twisty and hilly!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

wheres the wedding dcr22b,
    i know a guy getting married tomoro,
    he is a biker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

excollier wrote: »

anyone know if its possible to see any of this on bbc or using skybox this morning? what channel/number.......red button on bbc gives f1 final practice and classic f1 which normally wouldnt be bad but would rather see nw200 coverage

just have a sky box.....internet connection too ****ty for streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

amacca wrote: »
    anyone know if its possible to see any of this on bbc or using skybox this morning? what channel/number.......red button on bbc gives f1 final practice and classic f1 which normally wouldnt be bad but would rather see nw200 coverage

just have a sky box.....internet connection too ****ty for streaming

Check your bbc red button now. Fingers crossed the rain stays away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

lolie wrote: »
    Check your bbc red button now. Fingers crossed the rain stays away for a while.

checked again....thought bbc werent going to show it earlier - not a sign of it

just caught 600 race.....sealey v donald.......excellent duel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Poor conditions at the moment,Farqhuars oil spil delaying things no end now, lucky yo see anymore racing today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

christ im glad im not up there now, there wont be much racing left, im watching it over 2 hours and only saw a lap or 2 until farqhuars bike wrecked the place:(

edit: woohoo back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Seems that the advertised NW200 programme this evening on BBC1 is now not on. WTF is that all about:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

pdbhp wrote: »
    Seems that the advertised NW200 programme this evening on BBC1 is now not on. WTF is that all about:(

meeting abandoned
    one race only
    bad weather
    bomb scare
    oil on track
    feel sorry for the organizers
    glad i didnt go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

pdbhp wrote: »

Bbc showing highlights tomorow night only. Had planned on showing two programmes, 1 tonight and 1 tomorrow night but the weather fecked that up. Pity

Bloody Irish weather.
    Feel sorry for the organisers, all the hard work for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its a real shame, so many people I have been talking to were looking forward to it.
    Pain in the butt, especially for blokes form England etc who made the journey over.

Well, I just hope there's no long term reprocussions due to this as I don't ever want to see the NW200 struggle

Advertisement