Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get RTE TV Series Prosperity

Options
  • 15-05-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks,

Where can I buy a DVD of "Prosperity"?

Thanks,

Chen

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Probably best to e-mail RTE and ask them if it was released for purchase on DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

You can't buy it on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chenwc

Thanks guys, but how can I get a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

Try contacting the production company:
    http://elementpictures.ie/distribution/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

RTE have a service that you can buy a copy of programs they have broadcast as long as they own the copyright of the program, It is expensive about €100 per episode. Contact Librarysales@rte.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 chenwc

Thanks all for your relpy. I will contact RTE Library Sales & Archives department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I just emailed them myself for an old all ireland. Anyone know how long it takes to be sent out to you? I presume im being very optomistic to hope to have it for fathers day?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Any chance if anyone has this they'd put it up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry to bump this but why are RTE asking me to log in to watch this 4 part drama series, what is this log in, where do you register to get through this. http://www.rte.ie/tv/prosperity/ This thread will probably get locked so can someone pm me details about how to watch this online.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow, I remember this. Really enjoyed all 4 episodes iirc. The distinct one in my head is the Nigerian cleaning lady one? Would like to relive these too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

The music was good in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SmilesInMass

Sorry for digging up an old thread but has anyone had any luck finding this anywhere? I've been looking for a long time and can't seem to find a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Having the same experience trying to find this series.

Not on DVD on Amazon or any TV sites I know of :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slydice wrote: »
    Having the same experience trying to find this series.

Not on DVD on Amazon or any TV sites I know of :(

Maybe get in touch directly with Element Pictures - the company that made it.

They'd be best able to tell you if it's possible to buy it anywhere.

Incidentally do people realise that this was directed by the now Oscar nominated Lenny Abrahamson?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

was hoping rte would include it in their Lenny Abrahamsson season recently. Instead they showed the films they have had on repeatedly already (all excellent IMO). Real missed opportunity for RTE to show they backed an Oscar nominated director before he made his big breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Maybe get in touch directly with Element Pictures - the company that made it.

They'd be best able to tell you if it's possible to buy it anywhere.

Incidentally do people realise that this was directed by the now Oscar nominated Lenny Abrahamson?

I do. That's exactly why I wanted to see this series.

He made Adam and Paul and then Garage which were mind blowing!

He made them with the work of writer Mark O'Halloran. The last thing the two worked on was this TV Series!

One knows how to write Ireland, the other knows how to direct Ireland.

Need to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

fairly annoying this isnt available. someone owns the copyright and just holding it in a vault. few other things that appeared TG4 that they dont own the copyright.

IFI may reshow it next time they have another lenny abrahmson series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

All four episodes are on YouTube now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It should be available as a box set on the Iplayer anyway but thank you NewbridgeIR will check out YouTube.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement