Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Torches

Options
  • 15-05-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

any everyone!

what are your recommended brands for head torches? Ive seen petzel and LED lenser.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Petzl
    Led lenser
    Black Diamond
    Alpkit
    Mammut
    Princeton
    Silva
    Brunton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I've 2 petzls but I use them little since I got an ultrafire head torch last year. Its really excellent. Used it during the moonlight challenge event last November and run with it on dark evenings quite a bit with no complaint.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Princeton-Tec-Apex-Pro-Headlamp-Black-200-Lumens-NIB-/180666107018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a108a048a,

mines an older model but much the same lamp. It's better than the high end Petzl ones and only half the price. I've used it for caving, mountaineering and sea kayaking and its never given me any problems. The full beam is ridiculously bright, if its clear you can see things a few hundred metres away, and the new model is 50 lumens brighter than mine. The batteries for the pro one are pricey enough but you can get them cheap enough on Amazon.co.uk and there's always the option of getting the cheaper but slightly more cumbersome AA model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Hey, I have a Petzl Tikka XP2 Headlamp. It did a great job for me out in Nepal last year on some of the predawn starts I had. Its very light so you would hardly know you had it on except for the beam of light in front of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I have a Fenix which puts out fantastic light levels, and it takes 4xAA batteries, which are available everywhere.
    If anything, it's a little too bright for close up work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I have a Petzl, think it's called a Myo but it's fairly indestructable, been going for a number of years and has survived the odd drop. I also have one of these in my first aid kit, has proved invaluable more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

ok i got the petzl tikka headtorch brand new off ebay for 16euro! and im delighted with it!

Advertisement