Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st lukes 100km charity sportive

Options
  • 14-05-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

In association with Slaney Cycling Club Enniscorthy, we are delighted to announce the “St.Lukes 100k Charity Sportive” commencing in Ferns, Co Wexford on Sunday 24th July 2011 at 10am.
    Registration will take place in Ferns GAA grounds from 8.30 to 9.30 am where parking, changing and showering facilities and refreshments will all be available. The sportive will leave the GAA grounds at 10am sharp.
    The route will take us through Kiltealy leading us towards the challenging scenic climb of Mount Leinster crossing the nine stones. There will be a water and food stop between Bunclody and Tullow. The forgiving spin from Tullow to Carnew will prepare you for the spin over Sliabh Bhuidhe back into Ferns.Follow this link for a closer view http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/29666348 The Red Cross and An Garda Siochána will be assisting on the day along with safety on the course.

Each participant will receive a goodie bag including an impressive finishers medal. After the sportive it will be back to “The Thatch” where there will be a FREE BBQ for all participants.

Entry Fee is €20. This is a charity ride and all proceeds go to St.Lukes Cancer Hospital and Cancer research. For sponsor cards, please call in to My Sport, Castle Hill, Enniscorthy. So lets get on our bikes for cancer!

For anymore details , call Ger Leacy 0877923917, or Joe Fortune on 0876508924.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Moved from cycling adverts.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭sidebyside

looks like good course and all for a great cause,il be there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭pantani

anyone up for this ,100km two tough hills i.e nine stones and sliabh bhuidhe !

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Lots of guys on here have done the Mount Leinster Challenge. I see this sportive goes up the descent used on the Mount Leinster ie from the Kiltealy side. You've probably comedown it in 5mins buts its a long 20min ride up the b*****x! Also a real sting in the tail with Sliabh Bhúi at 90kms. Should be a good spin.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

anyone else doing this?

• Advertisement

Weather looking good for Sunday too. Imagine, a mild sunny day in July.....

il chance it anyway,if the weather was good that route would be class!!lookin forward to a few burgersicon12.gif

Last bump for this one tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

anyone driving down from dublin for this? My mate has pulled out at last minute! I;m willing to share petrol costs etc...cheers

colm18 wrote: »
    anyone driving down from dublin for this? My mate has pulled out at last minute! I;m willing to share petrol costs etc...cheers

Hope you get sorted! BBQ is at 3pm btw. Hope we get a day like today. Wall to wall sunshine in Wexford today!

• Advertisement

this was a great event yeaterday,thanks to all who participatedicon7.gifcouldnt have worked out better..

Tough route. That last climb of Sliabh Bhuí at 90km is a short, sharp killer!

Theres a link to phots on the Slaney CC website http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Duraface

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.260995123915797.86486.100000159351416

Some more photos on the above facebook page. Great days cycling which included Mount Leinster and then Sliabh Bhui which is a short but very steep climb and coming at 90k was a real tester. Then to cap it all the usual good food with a very wellcome BBQ afterwards. Thanks to the Laceys and SCC for organising it and hopefully this will be run again next year.

Advertisement