Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving away hundreds of cds

Options
  • 14-05-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

I decided that I want to free up some physical space in the room here and since I haven't listened to a cd in years, I might as well get rid of them. I'm copying the remaining ones over to the laptop (and from that to a backup external hard drive) now but don't know what charity I could give them to afterwards. Any ideas?

About 15% of them are cds without a case, while another 30% have damaged cases. The vast majority of all the cds are in perfect listening condition. Is there any disadvantage in getting rid of them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Give these to me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Dionysus wrote: »
    I'm copying the remaining ones over to the laptop (and from that to a backup external hard drive) now but don't know what charity I could give them to afterwards. Any ideas?

Is there any disadvantage in getting rid of them?

Not unless Dionysus you were to freakishly loose both the back-up & your external hard drive by means of some foul act of a vengeful god . .However if you were to donate them to the Deregos benevolent fund, should anything that disastrous or unfortunate befall you then I can guarantee he'd personally furnish you with new digital copies of them all . . Its a very worthy cause I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Could you list the bands/artists whose CD's your giving away?

I might be up for it.

Check your PM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I was just thinking I have a room here with too much space. I could do with some cd's to fill that space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Give them to a charity or your local library instead of giving them to someone, that's what I did and both were delighted to take them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement