Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar trial in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 14-05-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and not too sure where to post this - any help would be really appreciated!

My Fiance is currently looking for work, mostly in the Pub Industry as a Barman! Well he got a 'Trial' the other night in a pub in Temple Bar. He was in for 3 hours, there was guys in before him, after him, the next day, the next day today and tomorrow! All on a trial! We know this because he's rang a few times now to see how he got on and everyone time he rings he's told he will be called back the next day as there a couple of others on 'Trial'

I really think this pub is just looking to fill some shifts without having to pay staff!! I'm fuming!

I hope to hear from some of the others who did a trial here too find out if they got the job! If not I am going to raise HELL on this pub!! If it is a scam it's disgusting and I will name and shame them from a height!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Doesn't sound too unusual. 3 hours isn't a long time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

michael21 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm new here and not too sure where to post this - any help would be really appreciated!

My Fiance is currently looking for work, mostly in the Pub Industry as a Barman! Well he got a 'Trial' the other night in a pub in Temple Bar. He was in for 3 hours, there was guys in before him, after him, the next day, the next day today and tomorrow! All on a trial! We know this because he's rang a few times now to see how he got on and everyone time he rings he's told he will be called back the next day as there a couple of others on 'Trial'

I really think this pub is just looking to fill some shifts without having to pay staff!! I'm fuming!

I hope to hear from some of the others who did a trial here too find out if they got the job! If not I am going to raise HELL on this pub!! If it is a scam it's disgusting and I will name and shame them from a height!!

Hi Michael21 (if that is your real name). This sounds disturbingly familiar. I went for a trial during the week and I still haven't heard back. Can you pm me the name of the pub. I'll be fuming right with you. I'll be behind you in raising hell on this pub. I'll also help you with the naming and the shaming from a height. This is both an outrage and outrageous! And disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michael21

RJunior wrote: »
    Hi Michael21 (if that is your real name). This sounds disturbingly familiar. I went for a trial during the week and I still haven't heard back. Can you pm me the name of the pub. I'll be fuming right with you. I'll be behind you in raising hell on this pub. I'll also help you with the naming and the shaming from a height. This is both an outrage and outrageous! And disgusting!

I don't know how to pm im afraid, I tried to and it said I need to have 25 posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

What did you expect? Did you think they would be so astounded by your skills you would be hired on the spot? They probably have tonnes of applicants to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Yeah, I think I know the place ye are on about. I have been looking for part time bar work and noticed one bar in Templebar advertising online every single week for months now for staff. ( I didn't apply to them)

It can't be that difficult to find a decent bar tender so I reckon you are right in that they are just using trial staff to cover shifts. Pretty low thing to be doing taking advantage of people looking for a job.

The question is, who is the best authority to report them to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michael21

could you tell me who it was....? in a private message...?

Advertisement