Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Builder

Options
  • 14-05-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a FREE easy to use website builder?
    I have hosting, I have the website, but I want to give it a facelift.
    Was using Frontpage last time...want something a bit more snazzy.

Any suggestions welcome?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Well it ain't hard to get better than FrontPage, that's for sure!

How "easy" depends on your knowledge & experience, and what you want to achieve, especially as you're saying you want something "snazzier"

Also - are you planning on facelifting the existing code, or rebuilding? Because I'd scrap FrontPage code and start from scratch if I were you.

Despite popular belief there's a reason why there are professionals and experts.

So if you're comfortable with code and programming and CSS, you could get one recommendation, whereas otherwise you'd get one of the "simple GUI for dummies" recommendations that produces crap code or doesn't work on different screen sizes or browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's worth checking if your hosting already has some sort of website builder included in their installable apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

tricky D wrote: »
    It's worth checking if your hosting already has some sort of website builder included in their installable apps.

They might even have SimpleScripts which can install WordPress & other CMS's, a bit more work but you'd end up with a better quality site than with a site builder.

Advertisement