Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life after the German Discounts Aldi & Lidl

Options
  • 14-05-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Life after Aldi/Lidl

I'm an ex-manager of the above and have been in the no.1 position with them for sum years. Recently my contracted ended abruptly. I wish to move on with my life now in a happier and move balanced life. Where should I go to or what should I do next, has anyone left these guys before and if so what are you doing now?

As comments appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

In my local lidl it seems to be a small number of low cost people ( polish + nigrerian ) who work there...there never seems to be a manager around ...I brought something back once as it was faulty and nobody there could really help, they gave me a number of head office to phone ...I guess when you say you were a manager and "have been in the no.1 position with them for sum years" you do not mean in a local Lidl ?

If you worked with them for sum years and your contract ended abruptly, I would say you will find it difficult to get a job with an Irish business. Why not start your own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddy jack

yip it was a local and i'm irish to, start my own business, now have thought of that and that in this climate is difficult, but it could be the road to go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

gigino wrote: »
    In my local lidl it seems to be a small number of low cost people ( polish + nigrerian ) who work there

There is no such thing as 'low cost people' The starting rate for all Lidl employees is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whsice

Hi
    I was years in a Spar Warehouse in Austria 1 year as a supervisor than I went to Ireland and dont know what to do next. Tried to enter several jobs in the logistics market and now work in hp. Hard to find a related Job in Dublin without beeing there before. Maybe also it is because im not Irish. Lidl Aldi are the same I think
    Do you find any Job? Would be nice if I can read something from you

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddy jack

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have found nothing of substance as of yet, have you, what sites or where have you been looking?

• Advertisement
Advertisement