Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another no claims bonus question

Options
  • 14-05-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I am getting an insurance for a new car. I was driving before for two years but between first and second year there was a one year gap when I was off the road. Now the insurer says I am eligible only for one year no claims bonus as there was no continuity. I read on boards that you may be 2 years off the road and still have no claims bonus or I am missing something.

Are there clear regulations regard no claims bonus or is it up to insurer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Fairly sure it is up to the insurer to decide if the NCB has to be continuous or can be broken up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

Yes, probably you are right.
    I just forgot again that if its about money common sense rarely applies.
    Thanks

Advertisement