Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 AE (Which Edition)

Options
  • 14-05-2011 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

A few more weeks until AE is been released as DLC (7th June) 1200 ms pts
    I'm stuck with a dilemma....because I don't know should I get DLC because I know for sure I'm getting retail when it comes out on the (24th June)...Oh yeah exams on 8th anywayz so...

So What about everyone else??? Which are you guys getting:confused:

DLC VS RETAIL VS BOTH :eek: :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

1200 ms pts is nothing really. Dont know why you're buying the retail? What do ya get extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get the DLC unless you don't have a Super disc.
    That was easy.

Unless you want to run tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Buy the dlc for the tourny, trade super for super AE because discs are cool and manuals smell nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Hard copy, no question about it. Always feels better.
    I may be slightly biased as I don't own a copy of Super Street Fighter IV. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm getting the disk. I'll want one for tournaments and I cant afford to buy the game twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Will costumes, achievements, titles etc. that I already have for Super work with both versions of AE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

DLC. Discs are for chumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Will costumes, achievements, titles etc. that I already have for Super work with both versions of AE?

Costumes will work. Saves maybe not.
    From what I gather, the AE disk is actually just a fully updated version of SSFIV with the DLC preinstalled. There is a chance that the game will be able to use existing saves, so titles and stuff may still be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

DLC. No way will I be able wait 2 weeks watching other people playing on my friend list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm getting the DLC. Comes out earlier so why not. And I doubt I'll have reason to buy the disc release since I'll already own AE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

DLC for me, no way would I be willing to wait longer for the disc. That and the Evo thing is on before the disc is released.

I still plan on getting the disc though, though not until Christmas or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Will get DLC on Day 1. Disc release when out for tournament organisation. Spoiler: glacial league season 3 will use AE. :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

DLC for the 360, disc for PS3 cause theres no way in hell I'm ever buying anything off PSN ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Buy both, make the game a bigger success, hasten Capcom to release more DLC/Street Fighter V........and everyone(even the cheapest skates amongst us)will be happy.

I personally can't wait for the first DLC costume pack.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kens keeping Capcom in business :pac:

Says Bush, who keeps the trade-in market in business....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

J0hnick wrote: »
    DLC for the 360, disc for PS3 cause theres no way in hell I'm ever buying anything off PSN ever again.
    Your not but these lads are,with your credit card details:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, a bit less of the racist image macros please.

ahhh Doom,come on!

If these emails (which I have personally received) came from, say, Russia, no issue would be made of it, would that be racist?

Chop chop is just saying it like it is.....keeping it real etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Arguing with a mod on thread- also not on.

I know what I'm doing. Move on.

Yep,I wasn't trying to be racist,its just a fact
    when i'm checking my companies email filter about 80% is from Nigerians giving away inheritance money,10% Russian women and 10% organ enlargements.
    sorry didn;t see your last post Doom.discussion over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The disc version is far superior since the box art is pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The two-week delay doesn't matter to me, since it'll probably be a while after the disk release before I'd be getting either. Sounds like the disk the way to go in my case, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hmm, I think in the long term, it's going to be a lot less bother for me to get the disc edition, since I can bring that to people's houses, casuals and tourneys.

Grabbing a disc on my way out the door will be way less hassle than messing around with XBL profiles, save data and USB sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Both. I hear Ono needs a new Blanka toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

DLC for me, no way would I be willing to wait longer for the disc. That and the Evo thing is on before the disc is released.

I still plan on getting the disc though, though not until Christmas or something.

I think I (might) go about it the same way as Misty. I think AE is selling at full price ($39.99, not sure about EU prices but would probably be more since US games are generally cheaper when looking into conversion rates between € and $) so I definitely won't buy the disc version on release. For me really, its a no brainer to get the DLC if you already own SSFIV. 1200 MSP is A LOT cheaper than what potentially could be around €40, €50 for the disc version. But like Misty and the way prices for SFIV / SSFIV have dropped dramatically since, I might just wait for a while before getting the disc version. I'm just thinking though for casuals or tournaments in regards to DLC vs. disc version, couldn't the DLC just be put onto a X360 memory unit for X360 or usb stick for PS3? I can't imagine it would be all that big since its only 4 new characters (roughly say 20-30 MBs each? We'll say for argument's sake, they're 50 MBs each and the updated data might be another 10 MBs) so you're talking around 210 MBs but will probably be less than that since fighting games aren't that big so it could easily fit onto a 512mb memory unit or any 1GB+ usb stick. I know that something to consider is that you'd have to put your XBL GT data on the memory unit (or maybe just signing in to XBL at XGC will do?) to access the data but I'm sure that would be alright. We're a friendly community... I think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

In regards to the price of AE disc, it depends on the store, I got Super last year in Xtravision, on day 1, for €29.99 ( most other places were charging 5 or 10 euro more. ) So its definitely worth shopping around if your looking to get the disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I tend to get my games online these days though so I had a look at a couple sites I usually buy from (Amazon.co.uk / GAME.co.uk and Play.com) and Play.com have it listed but no price but from past experience with most games I've looked for, Play.com tend to be a tad more expensive than other shops. I might be doing it wrong though and I should just get up off my ass and look around in shops :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yay, PC version is up for preorder :D

Advertisement