Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Point in a mans life!

Options
  • 13-05-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Unreged boards user.

In some peoples eyes this may be considered a Personal Issue. It's anything but.
    I'm in my very late 20s nearly 30 Im a happy easy going guy like so many of us.

The past 8 to 9 months of my life have been the busiest of my life I've grown up a lot I think. Which is good, but on a friday night my lifes a bore why you ask?

Every single one of my friends has a girl friend a house and doing the couple thing and here's me happy being single but with no alternative group of friends to go out with.
    I feel like a boring loaner (not that I am one of course) but can't help but feel that way.

I'm just curious how did you adjust to this new found freedom of having friends who are more busy then you and living there own life.

I just can't seem to figure out how to stop this coupled with the fact that trying to get out there and do some sports with friends is difficult when there into football and your in to more extream sports. :)....

What I'm hoping to hear is any kind of experiences If the post comes of a little self indulgent thats not my aims I'm just i dunno board and a little alone I wouldn't say I'm lonely because if i was lonely I wouldn't have friends :) .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well if you are based in or around Dublin there is a beers on next weekend,details of which can be found here.

If it suits you are more than welcome to come along and meet some of tGC regulars.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

in a somewhat similar situation some weekends as friends are either coupled up or back studying or whatever.

As for a solution I have not got a clue. That beer thing sounds good but am away next weekend surfing so I guess that is something to look forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Circus_O

The same thing happened to me with my mates all going off to college and I was doing a course in the oul hometown. The way I dealt with it was to volunteer in a charity shop which gave me something to do during days off and working in there I met a bunch of people who were around town and nights out with them filled up the nights were I would have otherwise had nothing to do. You could look around for organized groups for stuff that you would be interested in if you haven't already, there might be groups around somewhere for the sports your into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What about taking up a hobby for yourself? something that you can do at weekends? there's a number of different groups that meet on meetup.com if you want to have a look there, walking groups, ones that go to various different events on around, photography groups.... loads really, well depending on your location. or you can even start up your own one, if none suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

What about taking up a hobby for yourself? something that you can do at weekends? there's a number of different groups that meet on meetup.com if you want to have a look there, walking groups, ones that go to various different events on around, photography groups.... loads really, well depending on your location. or you can even start up your own one, if none suit you.

The OP has a hobby - he's into extreme sports, and appears to do that at weekends. In that case it's just a matter of finding more like-minded people to do the extreme sports with ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Im the opposite....I have been single for most of my life but have been in a relationship for the past 6 months.....I am finding it hard to adjust to think about another person....I found that as most of my friends got coupled up and vanished off the scene I just kept on meeting new people. All of these people were in similar situations (single etc) and I had a very busy social circle......Now that I have an OH I am still meeting these female friends as often as I used to, the only diff is my OH often comes along. Chin Up OP, keep attending any socail event you can and chat to everyone you meet some of thses people will be in a similar situation to you and you will find a new social circle !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The OP has a hobby - he's into extreme sports, and appears to do that at weekends. In that case it's just a matter of finding more like-minded people to do the extreme sports with ;)
    Ah yes you're right,don't know how I missed that.sorry op.i dont remember seeing any meetup group about that,but as I said you could start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ah yes you're right,don't know how I missed that.sorry op.i dont remember seeing any meetup group about that,but as I said you could start one.

There will be adventure sport clubs that could suit the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

i think i know where your coming from op as im in the same age bracket,it seems like everyone is getting married, settling down or has no interest in meeting up or going for a drink anymore.i always said if my life got mundane or predictable i would go travelling again,maybe thats an option for you or even going to different places in ireland at the weekends,also you could try this place if your around dublin :

http://www.xtreme.ie/?PHPSESSID=3a1565f252b32e17ece77a04f5c5e394

a friend of mine is into extreme sports and has made a lot of new friends there that are into the same thing.

Advertisement