Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there any insurance company's insuring Cars and Motorbikes?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

If you had a full car and bike license and had to pay a grand each is their any company insuring both so you could get a discount.

I know years ago some companys allowed you to ride a 50cc bike or something with car insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I was trying to get a van insured as well as my car,
    I am with 123.ie for the car and they don't take new van insurance unless you have a NCB. I went to another company for the van and they told me to get an "active no claims bonus" from 123.
    They then insured the van for €270

Might work the same for a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

axa and aon have the same underwriters and aon give some sort of discount if ya give them your axa policy number

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

If you insure your car and bike with quinn they give you a 10% discount on each policy

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

guil wrote: »
    axa and aon have the same underwriters and aon give some sort of discount if ya give them your axa policy number

I thought it was Adelaide and AXA that have the same underwriters no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

kev250 wrote: »
    If you had a full car and bike license and had to pay a grand each is their any company insuring both so you could get a discount.

I know years ago some companys allowed you to ride a 50cc bike or something with car insurance

The simple answer is: NO

The complicated answer is:
    - if you are not short of cash, you could get a broker to insure them under 'one' policy, but in reality it would be two policies, and you would pay accordingly.
    - you could try and get a discount on the bike policy by letting them know that it is your second form of transport (limited milage)
    - you could look for a discount if you get the insuarnce from one company (Axa and Aon/Quinn)

• Advertisement
Advertisement