Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a stupid question about flushes.

Options
  • 13-05-2011 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask.

But was playing texas hold'em in a local two weeks ago. Several players were in on a hand. The flop came out:

> Ace diamonds, 2 diamonds, 4 diamonds.

3 players including myself go all in. We all had flushes (what luck! never seen it before)
    > My hand was 5/6 diamonds
    > 2nd player had 7/8 diamonds.
    > 3rd player had Jack/9 diamonds.

turn and river was rag, rag.

3rd player won the pot since he had the highest diamond (the jack), apart from the ace, on the board, But am I right in thinking if the ace is present on the board and more than one person made the flush its a split pot? as all players have made an ace-high flush?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask.

But was playing texas hold'em in a local two weeks ago. Several players were in on a hand. The flop came out:

> Ace diamonds, 2 diamonds, 4 diamonds.

3 players including myself go all in. We all had flushes (what luck! never seen it before)
    > My hand was 5/6 diamonds
    > 2nd player had 7/8 diamonds.
    > 3rd player had Jack/9 diamonds.

turn and river was rag, rag.

3rd player won the pot since he had the highest diamond (the jack), apart from the ace, on the board, But am I right in thinking if the ace is present on the board and more than one person made the flush its a split pot? as all players have made an ace-high flush?

Thanks.

You all have an A high flush, it then goes to your second card, therefore next highest is J and player 3 wins the pot, infact you were last :p which is pretty unusual with a flopped flush and no improvement for anyone on turn or river.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Premierstone is correct. As player 3 had the highest flush, he wins the hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

No problem. Happy to help. By the way if you have any other questions you feel stupid about don't hesitate to PM me. Always happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Doyler92 wrote: »
    No problem. Happy to help. By the way if you have any other questions you feel stupid about don't hesitate to PM me. Always happy to help.

thanks man :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement